Select to view content in your preferred language

Lead Service Line Inventory Add Domain/Symbol

01-04-2024 11:48 AM
mmcdonald_BLMGTN_MN
New Contributor II

I am attempting to implement the Lead Service Line Inventory Solution. We have some scenarios where the utility or customer side is "not applicable." Therefore, we would need to add a new domain and symbol. 

Has anyone successfully added new domains and symbols to this solution? I attempted but everything is broken now. 

The Lead Service Line Viewer map looks great! (image below, with added "not applicable" symbols)

NewSymbols.PNG

But if you look at the Lead Service Line Viewer web app, the symbols are not being honored. 

NewSymbolsFail.PNG

I'm not shocked since the solution relies heavily on these domains. However, I'm wondering if anyone has figured this out! Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bsanders69
Occasional Contributor

I am stuck in 10.9.1 for multiple reasons and used the 10.9.1 Lead Service Line solution as the base, but grabbed some components and Schema from a later release of the Solution after the final LCR spec was released and have had some bumps along the way myself.

So, I had a question.  It would appear that you took all of the Non-Lead values and replaced them with Not Applicable?  That would seem like two terms that mean the same?  I am wondering why you picked Not Applicable.  The code snippets I believe would be coded throughout the solution with the 17 default field values (4x4 + Other, which is if the status fields are unset, it fills the circle in white).  If that is the case, if you changed Not Applicable to Non-Lead in the Domain, it will all work again.  My guess is...The value in the Domain could stay the same as the solution provided (Non-Lead) and the Description could be Not Applicable.  Just a thought without knowing your definition of Not Applicable.

0 Kudos
mmcdonald_BLMGTN_MN
New Contributor II

One example - we have private main lines that branch off our city main line. From there, private service lines are running to a building/residence. Therefore the utility side is not applicable because the city doesn't own/maintain a service line in the area. The symbol for this would then be "not applicable" for the utility side and then customer side would be lead, non-lead, etc. 

0 Kudos
bsanders69
Occasional Contributor

Gotcha.  We have the same situation, as do probably the vast majority of systems around the US, with many Condos, Townhouses, even another City that is a SubNetwork of our system.  We don’t maintain these, but we have service laterals from the Main tap to the Meter or more commonly a Master Meter and anything after that is owned by the customer.  For almost all of the data we have for our system, there is almost no information known about the portion from the meter to the customer other than the diameter and material that is coming into the mater from our lateral lines.  We created connector lines from the Customer address points to the closest meter and then went back to make sure to note where we either don’t know which meter is monitoring the customer or there is no meter in our system for a given customer.  These lines can help, using spatial joins to extract information from both customer and City service lateral assets and the feeding main for each customer.

0 Kudos
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi, please see the attached video walking through the steps to update the symbols. Those white symbols are the result of an edit template issue when updating the symbols. Hope these steps apply and let me know if you are still having issues. You can also repeat these steps for other maps in the solution as well.

0 Kudos