How do I edit the data for Election Results solution?

07-20-2020 06:51 AM
KimberlyRieger
New Contributor II

I'm looking for help editing the Elections Results solution now that it cannot be deployed using ArcGIS Pro. I deployed it by using the ArcGIS Solutions app in ArcGIS Online and it has my previous election data in it. When I try to add the features layers into Pro to edit them with new data for August, it cannot find them in the folder. Therefore I cannot add the feature layers into Pro to edit them. How do I edit the data for the solution?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

@KimberlyRieger Apologies it's taken so long to respond to this, Kimberly. 

As you've most likely already discovered, a second deploy from the Solution App will get you new all new items. The Solution App looks in your contents for existing items to utilize. This is helpful when deploying a solution to take advantage of enhancements, but you'd like to utilize exiting data, however in this case you want new feature layers. Deploying a second time will get you everything. 

Were you able to get the Election Results dashboard up and running?

KimberlyRieger
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response! Yes, I was able to figure it out and move forward with the Dashboard! 

0 Kudos
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

That's good to hear. In case you haven't seen it I also wanted to point out our new site, specifically the enhanced Election Results documentation. 

The Configure Election Results page contains a more thorough explanation of the feature layers:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/reference/configure-election-results.htm