Crowdsource Reporter - Workforce assignments not creating

01-11-2021 09:09 AM
DinubaAGOLAdmin
New Contributor II

I am trying to transfer citizen problem reports into workforce. I'm using the steps provided by

Create Workforce assignments - Crowdsource Reporter | ArcGIS Solutions

however have come up with some road blocks.

It says in step three to 

"Open the assignments layer that was created as part of the Workforce project and choose the Assignment Type field."

in ArcPro, however this option is not available, most likely because when workforce creates this field it chooses the GUID data type. Therefore, I can't complete this step/change any domains in my source reporter table as it requests. 

I tried changing the data types to strings by deleting and re-adding the assignment types field, but doing this seems to disconnect the fields from the workforce interface, so I have decided to start over.

Not wanting to change any fields and still having the step 3 issue, I decided to run the code "as-is" without changing any of the domains (steps 7-9)

Now, when I run the code, the source layer updates the status, as I have instructed it to do, but nothing is transferred to workforce. I added the code in hopes that I am not seeing a mistake. 

Has anyone else found a work-around for step 3, or have had a problem with the create workforce assignments step?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi @DinubaAGOLAdmin ,

It sounds like you may be hitting a bit of an expected issue. In July 2020, a new version of Workforce was released. The scripts referenced in the documentation for Crowdsource Reporter were all designed to work with the older version of Workforce (what we now call Workforce Classic). Any new projects made with workforce after the July 2020 update will default to the new version of Workforce and will not function correctly with the scripts. 

That being said, there are 2 approaches you could take to get this up and running. 

1) Debug the above script until it works (I don't recommend this, as it will probably be quite time consuming)

2) Create a Workforce Classic Project as outlined in the blog below. (certainly the easier of the two options)

Create a Classic Workforce Project with the ArcGIS API for Python:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/workforce/field-mobility/create-a-classic-workforce-projec... 

Andy

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos