Can't access BA Report Templates

05-04-2011 03:54 PM
trishamerz
New Contributor II
I've recently installed Business Analyst Premium 10 and am running through the tutorial exercises.

I have successfully created my customer derived trade area and am now attempting to create my demographic report. After I choose "For Individual Features" the next wizard window informs me of the following: "Unable to get appropriate templates for selected BDS layers!" and there are no report templates listed for me to choose from.

I've double checked that the Report Templates were installed in the correct location - I'm running a 64-bit machine and templates are installed in the following location:

Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Business Analyst\Datasets\Report Templates (this is the same location where BA was installed).

Under the Report Template folder there is a collection of folders all containing two .xml files, one .rpt file and one .png file (including the "Demographic and Income Report" needed for this tutorial).

So I know the Report Templates are installed but BA doesn't seem to be able to read them? I checked permissions on the folder and the System as well as Administrator both have full access.

I have BA10 SP 1 installed as well as the Online Reports for Standard Geographies Patch - for 2010 data patch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DennisKaplan
Esri Contributor
Hello Maybe I can help.
In your Table of contents do you have the Business Analyst base demographic layers such as block groups, census tracts and so on.  You need to have these in your table of contents to run reports.  The easy way to get this data into your table of contents is to open the mxd off of your desktop or go to add data in your current project and browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Business Analyst\Data" and add the Business analyst base data to your map.

Hope this suggestion helps.
0 Kudos
trishamerz
New Contributor II
Hey - thanks for your reply. I'm working with an mxd derived from the Business Analyst.mxd, so have all the BA base data available, but am still receiving this message. I should also note I am licensed for all the US BA data.

I've tried a variety of layers to use as input but each one gives me the same message when I attempt to run a report (I've attached a screen shot of the message).
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Do you have your the My Output Folder set to a folder different than the out-of-the-box setup?  If you go to BA Preferences and then the General tab there will be a section in the middle that will show where it is located.  Normally it should be C:\My Output Data\.

If you do see this default location use windows explorer to browse to C:\My Output Data\Report Templates_USA_ESRI and make sure you see a bunch of report template folders.

If both of those two items above are fine the best next stems is to log an incident with ESRI Technical Support to help you resolve the issue here.
0 Kudos