Solution for managing Cemetery Plots

07-29-2021 12:57 PM
MitchellEastley
New Contributor II

We're exploring digitizing our Cemetery Plot Records and it would be really nice to have a pre-canned Solution for storing Cemetery Plot Data that can be used for managing these plots.

35 Comments
JamesBushOpelika

We use our geodatabase and web map applications.

The public can view plots here https://arcg.is/1q0KOb

Our back-office staff updates records in arcpro or web-based maps. If you already have layers designed it's pretty simple to build a web map to update plot data that then can update the public-facing map.

I am not sure if this answers your exact question. We are also looking at some salesforce products to integrate Esri and payment solutions in one "cemetery application", but the raw data will reside in our GDB

DrVSSKiran

Hi,

To answer your question, I have few queries here. As I have developed a cemetery application and dashboard using web app builder and operation dashboard on ArcGIS online.

1. Which platform would you like to use i.e. ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online?

2. If you wish to use ArcGIS Enterprise, then your answer is right but we have the alternative options to do best practices.

3. If you wish to use ArcGIS Online, then crate a public hosted feature layer and give access to all field users based on their logins then can be logged in to the app and enter the values. And use this public hosted layer in AGOL map and save it as a map layer, and consume in the web app or operation dashboard for operations & DSS.

GregCarlino2

This is a great idea.  I have searched for this exact Solution, as well, and was surprised to not find anything.  Any municipality with a public cemetery would benefit from having a pre-canned solution.

DanielWickens

We will be releasing a Cemetery Management solution as part of the ArcGIS Solutions March 2023 release. The solution will provide capabilities to allow organizations to develop an authoritative cemetery and gravesite (plot) inventory, and share burial/sales information with the public. I'll be sure to update this post with more information once it's been released. 

GregCarlino2

@DanielWickens 

Please do.  I'm still actively searching for, and evaluating, Cemetery solutions.  Thanks!

IanHarshbarger

@DanielWickens 

I am interested in this solution as well. Thank you for letting the community know.

Ian

ChrisFox
Status changed to: In Product Plan

DanielWickens

Hello everyone,

The Cemetery Management solution has been released for ArcGIS Online and is now available in the ArcGIS Solutions app.

A short video is available here to review the core capabilities of the solution.

We are aiming for an ArcGIS Enterprise version of the solution to be released with 11.2 in the fall. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Thank you!

ChrisFox
Status changed to: Implemented

GregCarlino2

@DanielWickens 

Thank you, Daniel.  I'm checking it out now...  looks great!