Map Document Used To Create Service

03-21-2019 07:26 AM
ChristopherJohnson1
Occasional Contributor II

Good morning.  Is there a way to retrieve the map document used to create a service?  I see other details provided at the REST endpoint (https://xxx/MapServer/info/iteminfo), but not the name of the map document.  Is this information available at another endpoint?

Thanks...Chris

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

This is a tough one, which is why we mirror the folder structure our published services with a folder of map documents used to publish the services. You can see the location where the original mxd was published from using ArcGIS Server Manager to view the General tab of the service properties. The same thing is also in ArcCatalog service properties but it's on the Parameters tab. However, this won't do any good if the MXD has been moved or deleted since publishing.

Edit:

You might be able to find in your server directory at \arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\ServiceFolderName\ServiceName.MapServer\extracted\v101

ArcGIS Enterprise

0 Kudos
ChristopherJohnson1

Thanks, Blake!

Yeah, I know I can see the info via the Server Manager, but I wanted to know if the information was available via the API.

Thanks again.

- Chris

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No this info is not available at the rest service level.

ChristopherJohnson1

OK...thanks, Robert.  I appreciate the quick response.

- Chris

0 Kudos