ArcGIS SDK and samples for Flutter

07-20-2018 02:42 PM
MirHashmi
Occasional Contributor

Flutter is a new framework by Google for cross platform development on Mobiles. ArcGIS SDK for Flutter and examples are required.Esri Technical Support ArcGIS Ideas Native App Developers ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS

10 Comments
EvelynHernandez

are there any news about and arcgis for Flutter API release? I am very interested in this

EdwardLin

I also look forward to it.

MaryPidgeon

Me too.

HectorChapa

If esri can build or change the javascript library into Dart that be even better. The reason I say this is because Dart compiles into JavaScript. If the sdk or library is created in Dart there is no need to create plugins and it be way faster to build on flutter.

ArunSebastian2

Anything happening ?

LucasDanzinger

Has anyone here tried using some of our existing cross platform technologies, such as Qt, Xamarin, or AppStudio? 

Do you have specific projects planned that require Flutter? Please share any details about why this cross platform solution is required as opposed to one of the solutions that we already support today.

Ranga_Tolapi

Looking forward to ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Flutter

Surya_NingratDatunsolang

Short answer, Flutter is much better than Xamarin and Qt and it is gaining momentum. It is easier to code in dart since it's the only one language for everything you need (UI, Logic) to build apps on multiple platforms. I have built a geofencing app using google maps API  for flutter (google_maps_flutter) and using layers I created with ArcMap. The only drawbacks from my approach is that the app lag a bit as it is trying to load so many polygons from so many layers(I guess in the future this will not be a problem as the platform mature and phone hardware gets better). The only challenge that I am facing now is google_maps_flutter still does not support geometric operations on polygons and polylines which prevents me from creating a mobile app capable of advanced geoprocessing. When google_maps_flutter gets the capability of geometric operations  I will find less need of use for ESRI Mobile API for my mobile dev endeavour, which would be a shame really.  I hope ESRI will jump on Flutter train soon. 

AlejandroPequeño

Absolutely necessary. There is a plugin for flutter_map which is based on leaflet maps -> flutter_map_arcgis | Flutter Package .
This is not enough, is necessary to have support for web maps, web scenes... and integrate the great powerful of ArcGIS SDK into Flutter. 
Currently we have several tools for creating cross platform apps as Xamarin, or AppStudio... However we should have this idea under consideration because Flutter is great

RexHansen
Status changed to: Under Consideration