Toolkit for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET now available!

11-05-2018 04:17 PM
Labels (1)
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 13 2,441

We are excited to announce the release of the Toolkit for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET v100.4. The Toolkit contains controls and utilities you can use out-of-the-box to accelerate the development of your .NET apps for Android, iOS, and Windows. You also have access to the complete Toolkit source code on Github enabling you to fully customize the Toolkit for your specific project requirements.

Features

• Legend: Display a legend for a single layer in your map or scene and optionally for its sub layers.
  • SymbolDisplay: Render a symbol in a control (also used in the Legend).
  • PopupViewer: Display details and media, edit attributes, geometry and related records, and manage the attachments of features and graphics (popups are defined in the popup property of features and graphics).
  • Compass: Automatically show a compass when the user rotates map. Optionally auto-hide the compass when the user rotates the map north up.
  • FeatureDataField: Display and optionally allow editing of a single field attribute of a feature.
  • MeasureToolbar: Measure distances and areas on the map view.
  • ScaleLine: Display the current scale of the map view.
  • TimeSlider: Allow the interactive definition of a time extent and animate time moving forward or backward. Can be used to manipulate the time extent in a map or scene view.

Where possible each control is available for all APIs supported for development with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET: UWP, WPF, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.iOS, and Xamarin.Forms for Android, iOS, and UWP. Feature availability by platform/API is indicated in the Github repo readme.

Getting started

As a developer you have three options for working with the Toolkit:

1. Reference the latest stable or pre-release package from NuGet.org
  2. Reference the latest master branch commit NuGet package from AppVeyor
  3. Build the Toolkit source

A set of basic samples are included in the Toolkit repo.

Roadmap

The Toolkit is an active development project with more controls and utilities on the roadmap. You can even get an early glimpse of some of these new controls in the Toolkit Preview package (currently in preview are the SignInForm and TableOfContents for WPF). Also on the roadmap are improved Guide and API reference documentation and additional samples.

Reporting issues

We encourage you to try out and use the Toolkit within your projects and we look forward to hearing your feedback. If you find any bugs while using the Toolkit please submit new issues in the Toolkit repo. At this time we are not accepting new PRs for full features but if there are new controls you would like to see included please submit an issue to request the enhancement.  

Cheers

The ArcGIS Runtime .NET Team

13 Comments
WaldemarNowak
New Contributor III

When will Toolkit for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET v100.5 be published ?

MichaelBranscomb

Soon - we've just merged the missing TimeSlider for Xamarin Forms to make that feature complete and the team is investigating a few bugs we would like to address in the v100.5 Toolkit release.

In meantime you can always build locally or use the CI build: GitHub - Esri/arcgis-toolkit-dotnet: Toolkit for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET 

Cheers

Mike 

WaldemarNowak
New Contributor III

Waiting anxiously for it. 

I tried to build locally, but I have given up, because of these NuGet and other libraries different version dependencies. I was not able to build solution

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit.sln

succesfully. But if you say it is "soon" I may wait.

CristianAnderes2
New Contributor

I don't get it, it has been said

"PopupViewer: Display details and media, edit attributes, geometry and related records, and manage the attachments of features and graphics"

So per my understanding we can use the PopupViewer for editing/viewing attributes and managing attachments, but so far as I've worked with the sample provided, when I click on the feature on the map it shows the feature's popup template title(the map callout) and when I click on more info to show the PopupViewer it just displays an empty box. Isn't this suppose to be an actual editor? Or am I doing something wrong?

CristianAnderes2
New Contributor

Hi Michael, not sure about this, I might be doing something wrong here but is the PopupViewer able to manage viewing/editing attributes and managing attachments at this point? Cuz for now when I display the PopupViewer it just displays an empty box. I thought this was a solution for seeing and editing attributes and attachments. Thank you in advance!

WaldemarNowak
New Contributor III

When will Toolkit for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET v100.6 be published ?

MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

We plan to publish the Toolkit NuGet package as 100.6 on NuGet.org after we've resolved some outstanding issues with the legend component. But you can also build the Toolkit locally or use the CI build of the master branch, for more information see GitHub - Esri/arcgis-toolkit-dotnet: Toolkit for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET.

Regards

Mike 

JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there any plan or schedule for the toolkit to be updated.  At this point the latest version is 100.4 almost three months after 100.6 has been released.  I would love to just use the code, but as I have never been able to get it to actually build that is not possible either.

Thanks

-Joe

MichaelBranscomb

Joe,

We're still working on resolving the legend issue. Until we can satisfactorily resolve this issue are you able to continue using /Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit 100.4? 

Regards

Mike

JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

I have only tried to use the nuget package created compiling the github project.  Not to actually use the NuGet package at 100.4, I could try that.  Currently I cannot navigate to a view that has the Legend control on it.  No exceptions, it just won't open the view

WaldemarNowak
New Contributor III

When will Toolkit for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET v100.7 be published ?

MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

We're working on some significant improvements to the Legend control for the next update to the Toolkit. Until then you can continue to use the current v100.4 release or optionally you can build from the source code.

Regards

Mike

WaldemarNowak
New Contributor III

Hi,

It looks like Toolkit for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET v100.8 has been published!

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit 100.8.0

Thanks,

Waldek