Coming soon to an IDE near you... Qt SDK Quartz Beta 1 Release

06-14-2016 05:32 PM
Labels (1)
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
1 0 1,222

I'm happy to share with you all that we are nearly complete with our release certification of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt (Quartz Beta 1). We expect to have the release available for you to download next week. We are very excited for this release, and we hope that you all are just as excited to test out the new features and the newly designed API. Here are a few of the highlights that you all have to look forward to:

• 3D
  • Vector Tiles
  • Mobile Map Packages
  • Webmaps (Read/Create/Edit/Save)
  • Suggestions in Geocoding
  • Support for C++ Qt Quick apps, where the UI is in QML and backend is in C++ (this is huge if you're a C++ dev that needs to create mobile apps or wants to use QML for UI instead of Widgets!)
  • C++ Qt Quick supports means that our C++ API is now supported on all of the same platforms as QML (Win, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android)
  • We expose many more model types that can be directly plugged into views (ex: Layer List Models, Legend Models, etc), making creation of UI components massively simpler
  • Samples will be available on GitHub
  • The API reference now integrates better with Qt Creator (all of our C++ and QML classes/types can be viewed directly in Qt Creator by hitting F1, just like any other Qt type)

Watch Geonet and the ArcGIS blog for the official announcements next week, which will contain more details on what to expect, and how to access the beta from the Early Adopter Community. We hope you will be able to take some time to try out the new SDK and give us feedback, so that we can make sure the final release will contain everything you need to be productive and continue building amazing apps. Keep up the great work everyone! We eagerly await your feedback.

Cheers,

Luke

About the Author
I'm a Geographer working in Product Development at Esri, focusing my time on the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs. I'm an Esri Certified ArcGIS Desktop Professional (10 years experience working with ArcGIS) with a wide range of technical skills including native application development, spatial databases, desktop/web GIS, and scripting. My Master's degree is in GIS with a focus in Natural Resource Management. Currently, I'm most interested in building cross-platform and lightweight apps using our ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt.