Attention IWA Qt SDK users

08-05-2020 02:00 PM
Labels (1)
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 0 371

If you are using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt and you require support for Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA), you must use version 5.12.x or 5.13.x for the time being. Qt 5.14 introduced a bug in Qt's networking stack which will prevent you from successfully issuing IWA network requests. This means that workflows such as signing into your organization and accessing your secured maps and layers will not work. This bug is present in 5.15.0 as well. Once the mentioned bug is resolved, ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt should begin working as expected with the patched version of Qt. Please reach out to the team on GeoNet if you have any questions.

- The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt Development Team

About the Author
I'm a Geographer working in Product Development at Esri, focusing my time on the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs. I'm an Esri Certified ArcGIS Desktop Professional (10 years experience working with ArcGIS) with a wide range of technical skills including native application development, spatial databases, desktop/web GIS, and scripting. My Master's degree is in GIS with a focus in Natural Resource Management. Currently, I'm most interested in building cross-platform and lightweight apps using our ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt.