Offline MMPK Support for Utility Network

06-26-2020 09:43 AM
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I was hoping to get an update on support for offline MMPKs from the Utility Network. We've got a couple of projects we're working on that would really benefit from this support.

Thanks,

Mike...

5 Replies
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike,

This is currently an internal development project at Esri.  It will likely be released over a series of releases- we'll have support for viewing associations before full tracing support is enabled.  We're hoping to release the first pieces of this next year, but I cannot make any release commitments at this time.

Just to clarify, are you looking for MMPK support (read-only maps exported from ArcGIS Pro and side-loaded onto a device) or offline sync (read-write maps with sync between a mobile device and the server)?

--Rich

MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot Rich, that's really helpful. We were really interested in read-only access to an offline MMPK created from the utility network. We won't be doing any data updates or edits. So basically we'd like to create an MMPK from ArcGIS Pro with the Utility Network, then copy it to a device and open it up. It will be a pretty simple workflow, but at this point I'm not sure we can create an MMPK with the Utility Network from ArcGIS Pro. 

Thanks again,

Mike...

0 Kudos
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

You can create an MMPK with data *from* a utility network (e.g., the lines, poles, devices, pipes, etc.), but you cannot yet include the network itself in a MMPK.

--Rich

0 Kudos
HoutanEmad
Esri Contributor

Hi @RichRuh hope you're well!

Just checking in to see if the team has made strides toward enabling support for tracing the Utility Network in an MMPK/offline setting.

Thanks,

Houtan

0 Kudos
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

This is an ongoing development project. While we've made significant progress internally, nothing has shipped yet.  I'll be providing an update on utility network functionality with Runtime at this year's DevSummit.

--Rich