Geoprocessing exception: Workspace is not connected

Jump to solution
09-11-2014 07:36 PM
Labels (1)
LinaYap1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to use a GPK file created by ArcMap from ArcGIS Runtime for WPF. But I am getting this exception thrown while trying to execute a task.

"Workspace is not connected". Any clues? Thanks in advance

Edit:

I can actually try executing the task via the service url (using get/post method, fill up the "features" field in JSON, and then do the execution, I get a success message). But when trying to execute task via runtime - it just doesn't work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

An interesting comparison would be to run Fiddler and compare the request when you call the service via the Rest/HTML endpoint versus calling via the API.

If that does not yield anything, would you be able to post your code and the GPK here?

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

An interesting comparison would be to run Fiddler and compare the request when you call the service via the Rest/HTML endpoint versus calling via the API.

If that does not yield anything, would you be able to post your code and the GPK here?

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
LinaYap1
New Contributor II

Hi,

In the end, resolved this -> gave the wrong geometry type (extent instead of a rectangle, was trying to call the tool: Extract By Rectangle, hence...)

The error message is really misleading.

Thanks for the tip too!

0 Kudos