Drag and drop a PictureMarkerSymbol

09-03-2018 06:41 AM
PabloGrande
New Contributor

I have following question. I have several PicureMarkerSymbols on my map. I want to drag and drop each PictureMarkerSymbol on the map. PictureMarkerSymbol must be visible during the drag

How I do it?

I have searched in this site and others without solution. Migrating ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF to other solutions is not a valid solution.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkCollins
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm interested in doing the same thing.

0 Kudos
KimberlyMcCarty
Esri Contributor

I am not aware of any way in the ArcGIS Runtime SDK to actually drag a PictureMarkerSymbol across the MapView. However you can get close to the visual effect of dragging the graphic by having the graphic's location be attached to a MouseMove event so it is constantly moving the graphic with the mouse. This can be a bit choppy when the mouse is moved quickly.

I've attached a sample using this workflow. The PictureMarkerSymbols are located in a StackPanel as buttons. When you click a button it will create a graphic of the same image which will follow the mouse as it moves across the MapView. The StackPanel will also report on the current latitude/longitude of the mouse. Clicking on the MapView will place the graphic permanently at that spot in a separate graphics overlay.