Cluster multiple graphics layers as one?

01-20-2012 02:11 PM
Labels (1)
MarkCollins
Occasional Contributor
I was wondering if there is a way to use one GraphicsClusterer object on multiple graphics layers. My ultimate goal is to have items on two separate GraphicsLayers grouped in the same cluster.

The way we have been doing this up until now is rendering all graphics on the same layer and just using different subclasses of the Graphic object to represent them. Using a custom subclasse of GraphicsClusterer we are customizing the clustering logic and display based on what types of items are in clustered areas.  (I have recently updated our map to use the GraphicsDataSource which has required me to separate my items onto two different layers because the items come from two different observable collections and the GraphicsDataSource only supports/works with one collection as its items source, which makes sense. )

Any suggestions as how to go about creating or configuring a cluster would be appreciated or any info on maybe a better way to setup/manage my layers.

Thanks,
Mark
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ItamarKcholi
New Contributor
Hi,

We are also interesting in such a feature\solution.
Is there a way to achieve that?

Thanks,
Itamar
0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
I have recently updated our map to use the GraphicsDataSource which has required me to separate my items onto two different layers because the items come from two different observable collections and the GraphicsDataSource only supports/works with one collection as its items source, which makes sense.

Maybe you could keep one GraphicsLayer only by using a CompositeCollection that contains both of your collections (not tested though)
0 Kudos
MarkCollins
Occasional Contributor
When I was attempting to make this work I never was able to find a way to make it happen. The SDK has changed since then so it might be possible now but I have not tried it.

Good luck!
0 Kudos
SergiyShumakov1
New Contributor
Hello,

I am also interested in clustering between multiple layers.. is it possible to achieve this?
0 Kudos