Learning WPF - Specifically for Operations Dashboard

Jump to solution
02-04-2015 03:47 AM
KeaganAllan
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am very new to WPF, and have watched the training videos and messed around with a few samples.

I come from a VS Express (Visual Basic) background and have not have any experiences with some of the features i am finding in VS2013 and Blender.

I have googled for samples / lessons / tutorials and have yet to find anything that I can really get to grips with.

Is there a decent site / book / resource I can use to get my head around WPF and its integration into the Operations Dashboard.

Ultimately, I am not happy with the way in which the Chart Widget operates in Dashboard, and would like to tweak it, to fit the data I am using.

Many thanks,

K

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Keagan,

The WPF SDK help has a section about extending Operations Dashboard, it will be a good starting point for you to learn about extending Operations Dashboard. You can also watch the videos recorded from our technical sessions during the UC and Dev Summit in the last two years e.g. this video ‌and this video. You can find the source code of the samples at Esri · GitHub 

Please note that to extend Dashboard, you need to have VS Professional or above. This might be something you need to consider before you get started.

Thanks,

Tif

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Keagan,

The WPF SDK help has a section about extending Operations Dashboard, it will be a good starting point for you to learn about extending Operations Dashboard. You can also watch the videos recorded from our technical sessions during the UC and Dev Summit in the last two years e.g. this video ‌and this video. You can find the source code of the samples at Esri · GitHub 

Please note that to extend Dashboard, you need to have VS Professional or above. This might be something you need to consider before you get started.

Thanks,

Tif

0 Kudos
KeaganAllan
New Contributor III

Hi Tif,

Thank you.

I do have VS Professional, so will definitely have a look at the links you have provided.

Thank you.