ESRI.ArcGIS.OperationsDashboard.targets' not found (IDEIntegrationFolder=")

Jump to solution
03-20-2014 07:49 AM
CorneliaKreis1
New Contributor
Hi everybody,

When I try to build any of the Operation Dashboard AddIn Samples downloaded from Github ( https://github.com/esri?query=Dashboard ), I always get the Same Error:

The Esri WPF SDK is not correctly installed - 'ESRI.ArcGIS.OperationsDashboard.targets' not found (IDEIntegrationFolder=''). C:\Users\edited:myusername\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Dashboard\tableandsearch-opsdashboard-addin-master\tableandsearch-opsdashboard-addin-master\OperationsDashboardAddIns\OperationsDashboardAddIns.csproj

Did anyone of you encounter the same Error and is there a way to fix it?

I am using the most recent SDK Version, downloaded just yesterday 10.2.2, with the Windows 7 Operation System an Visual Studio 2012.

Bulding my own created AddIns works without Error Message.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
The sample you pointed out has not been adapted to 10.2.2 yet and is still using 10.1.1.
To fix that in VisualStudio, Unload the project, Edit it and Change all references to  '10.1.1' to '10.2.2'

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DominiqueBroux
The sample you pointed out has not been adapted to 10.2.2 yet and is still using 10.1.1.
To fix that in VisualStudio, Unload the project, Edit it and Change all references to  '10.1.1' to '10.2.2'
0 Kudos
ChenJiang1
New Contributor

We tried to compile sample widget "WeatherUndergroundWidgetCS" and we got the same issue. By the way, our version of Operations Dashboard and SDK WPF are 10.2.3. Does anyone else come across the same problem? Thanks!

Chen

0 Kudos
MichaelMelaku
New Contributor

i'm getting the same error. BTW, Cornelia, did you try to Add you addin to the Operations Dashboard. I think you will face a problem while doing that. 'cause even if you managed to compile without an error, it misbehaves while adding to the dashboard.

I'm stuck on the same problem while trying to run the CountWidget from the Sample projects. Any workaround would help. I got a small customization with a tight deadline.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

The error should only be because the sample unfortunately still references the old SDK - as Dom suggested, please try unloading and editing the project file (csproj) to update the reference to the latest version:

<PropertyGroup>

<!--depending on 32bit or 64bit machine the reg key for the IDEIntegration folder is different-->

<ReferenceFolder32>$(registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISRuntimeWPF10.1.1@InstallDir)SDK\OperationsDashboard</ReferenceFolder32>

<ReferenceFolder64>$(registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI\ArcGISRuntimeWPF10.1.1@InstallDir)SDK\OperationsDashboard</ReferenceFolder64>

<!--set ReferenceFolder depending on 32bit or 64bit machine-->

<ReferenceFolder Condition="Exists('$(ReferenceFolder32)')">$(ReferenceFolder32)</ReferenceFolder>

<ReferenceFolder Condition="Exists('$(ReferenceFolder64)')">$(ReferenceFolder64)</ReferenceFolder>

</PropertyGroup>

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos