Set fullExtent on map/mapView

01-30-2017 04:22 AM
NorbertThoden
Occasional Contributor III

Hi!

Using ArcGisRuntime 10.2.6 i was able to set the fullExtent of a map programatically.

How can i achieve this using V100?

I can´t find setFullExtent in the includeDir...

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Norbert-

That exact function isn't there, but there is probably something that will replace the functionality. What are you trying to do? If you want to se the initial extent of where the map starts, use setInitialViewpoint on the Map. If you want to limit how far the user can zoom in/out, use the setMinScale and setMaxScale functions on the Map.

- Luke

NorbertThoden

Hi Lucas!

We are have an aerial map and a topographic map for the same region.

The do not have the same extent. (And we are not ensure this, it´s handled by the customer...)

The fullExtent seems to be defined by the basemap loaded first, right?

So, if one user prefers to have the aerial on top and the 2nd prefers the the opposite order. they have a different fullExtent.

This is a problem. The user can´t move to a location which is covered by the 2nd basemap but not by the first.

Can you understand, that i would simply like to build a union of the single extents and set that as the fullExtent?

Any suggesttions?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Norbert-

I understand the issue you are hitting. We have a backlog item to fix this up, so I'll add your information to this. Since we don't expose a setter for the full extent, I can't think of any good workarounds, other than to make sure your initial basemap that you set is bigger than the area of both basemaps combined.

NorbertThoden

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
NorbertThoden

Hi Luke!

Are there any news to my question?

This and similar requirements became more and more important..
Additional: How can i setup full extent if i don´t have any basemap data? Imagine an offline system where no data is provided to be used as a basemap. How can i use the operational layer without a basemap?
BTW: Unfortunately the topographic.tpk does not have the required utm projection for the system...

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

You should be able to use a map which only contains operational layer and no basemaps. However, we'll use the bottom-most operational layer to define the map's spatial reference and full extent.

For the original problem where you want to use layers that don't overlap within the same geographic area, try creating the Map object using the constructor that takes in a spatial reference. In this case, the map's full extent will cover the entire region covered by the spatial reference and you won't be locked into the bottom most layer's full extent.

0 Kudos