Secure Service Layers : "You are not authorized to access this information"

Jump to solution
04-10-2015 02:27 PM
PremRadhakrishnan
New Contributor III

I am trying to add a secure FeatureService layer to my map, eventually I also want to take the data offline for editing as well. I am unable to do this using embedded usercredentials as below. I have double checked and triple checked the credentials and it works in other places just not here.

GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable {

id: featureServiceTable

url: "http://domain.com/service/FeatureServer/0" // replacing with dummy layer

credentials: userCredentials

}

UserCredentials {

id: userCredentials

userName: "DOMAIN\USERNAME"

password: "PASSWORD"

}

In my Map I have

FeatureLayer {

id:featurelayer

featureTable: featureSErviceTable

// also tried to use credentials: userCredentials here.

}

The error log is

ArcGIS.Runtime.Feature: void __cdecl QmlFeatureTable::onInitializeComplete(const class QString &) EsriRuntimeQt::GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable(0x1c7913c1e0)

ArcGIS.Runtime.Layer: void __cdecl QmlLayer::onLayerCreateError(const class QString &) QmlFeatureLayer_QML_52 "" "You are not authorized to access this information"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

This was a bug with the identity manager. It will be fixed in the 10.2.6 release of the SDK, which will be out shortly. The workaround is to directly set the user credentials on the service table instead of using the identity manager.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Prem,

I don't believe you need to include DOMAIN. Please try it without and let us know what happens.

0 Kudos
PremRadhakrishnan
New Contributor III

Eric,

I have the exact same result without the Domain as well. I also tried DOMAIN\\Username just in case there was a need to escape the "\"

Thanks

Prem

0 Kudos
GeorgeReece_Jr_
New Contributor III

Remember that a SSL intentionally limits who can access the website or data.  You may need to change how you change the sharing preferences in the organization.  Rather than having it Private, it may need to be shared to the group or organization with whom needs to have access to it.

0 Kudos
PremRadhakrishnan
New Contributor III

I think you may be referencing ArcGIS Online? We are not using ArcGIS Online. The service is on your own ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos
JeanneTrieu
Occasional Contributor

HI Prem,

You can take a look at the "User credential online" sample that is under the Security category. Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Jen Trieu | Product Eng.

0 Kudos
PremRadhakrishnan
New Contributor III

Jen,

Thank you for the pointer.

I tried accessing the service through the sample and that works. But I am still unable to get it to work using embedded credentials. How can I replicate what the UserCredentialsDialog is doing without actually showing the user the dialog?

Thanks again for your help,

Regards,

Prem

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Prem, what version of Server/Portal are you trying to authenticate against?

0 Kudos
PremRadhakrishnan
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Server 10.2.2.

We will be moving to 10.3 in the near future but do not have a timeline yet.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Prem-

Before you upgrade to 10.3, you may want to consider the known issue with accessing secure services at 10.3 Server with the Qt/QML APIs - Release notes for ArcGIS Runtime SDK 10.2.5 for Qt—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers

For now, 10.2.2 should work. Can you please email me the service URL, and set up some temporary test credentials on the server for me to try and log in with?

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos