Possible timeout issue with credentials using Token Auth sample

05-25-2021 11:39 PM
EricAtkinson1
New Contributor III

Hey guys,

I've been on here awhile lately so just wanted to thank everyone for their help.

I am nearly at the end of finishing my concept and as it is apart of an organisation we are using 365 as an authenticator. I have used the Token Auth sample to login to the app that uses a webmap. It logs in without an issue but after 60mins it seems to timeout and gives me an error from the Arcgis rest service (403) which hosts some of the layers I am using.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Below is my Portal code... I have been playing around with the refreshtoken properties but had little to no change.

id: portal
             url: "Hidden from forum"
             credential: Credential {
                 oAuthClientInfo: OAuthClientInfo {
                    oAuthMode: Enums.OAuthModeUser
                     clientId: "Hidden from forum"
                     clientSecret:"Hidden from forum"
                     redirectUri: "Hidden from forum"
                     refreshTokenExchangeInterval: 55
                     refreshTokenExpirationInterval: -1

}
             }

Component.onCompleted: {load();
                }

}

Ive also used my webmap on fieldmaps to see if it would throw the same error but it continues to work with no issue.

I'm a novice to all of this so any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Eric 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GuillaumeBelz
Esri Contributor

Hi Eric,

When "refreshTokenExpirationInterval" is set to -1, the token is considered to be permanent and is never refreshed. "refreshTokenExchangeInterval" is ignored in this case and that can cause invalid access due to expired token.

Try to use a long expiration interval:

refreshTokenExchangeInterval: 55
refreshTokenExpirationInterval: 129600 // 90 days

0 Kudos
EricAtkinson1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply,

This is how I initially set it up but didn't seem to work. Also I have been told by my organisation that we don't use tokens anymore so don't have a clue how to now approach this issue.

Any direction or guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Eric

0 Kudos
EricAtkinson1
New Contributor III

@GuillaumeBelz 

So I think I have narrowed it down, its the Client Certificate that is causing the issue. I have found a property that I think will fix my issue (credentialCacheEnabled ). The issue I have now is trying to insert it in AuthenticationManager. This is what I have tried but comes up with an error of "element is not creatable (AuthenticationManager)". I am running 100.10 

AuthenticationView {
                anchors.fill: parent
               AuthenticationManager {
                   credentialCacheEnabled: true
               }
            }

Once again thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Eric 

0 Kudos
GuillaumeBelz
Esri Contributor

Hi Eric,

AuthenticationManager is a singleton, you can't create this object. You can use it directly:

Component.onCompleted: {
    AuthenticationManager.credentialCacheEnabled = true;
    load();
}

But credential cache is enabled by default.

I'm not sure to understand why you have this error. Can you try without refreshTokenExchangeInterval and refreshTokenExpirationInterval?

0 Kudos