Obtaining a raster file's geometry

Jump to solution
12-07-2017 08:55 AM
jkDfGrt3K8Dw
New Contributor II

I would like to grab the Polygon or Geometry describing the boundaries of a raster image. I can successfully load and display the image as a RasterLayer using your sample code, and the SDK understands how to correctly place the image on the Basemap, so I should be able to somehow query its Geometry. I can use Layer::fullExtent() to get the extent as an Envelope, which is better than nothing, but I'd like to get the shape that precisely defines the geographic footprint covered by the image. What options do I have? Thanks.

I'm using SDK version 100.1.0, C++ API, and if it matters, the images are GeoTIFFs.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Getting the raster's footprint is not something we currently support. The extent will be the best option that we have at the moment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Getting the raster's footprint is not something we currently support. The extent will be the best option that we have at the moment.

0 Kudos
jkDfGrt3K8Dw
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. On a related note, I was also wondering how to get other properties of a raster, such as acquisition date, sensor name, etc., basically the set of properties that can be viewed in ArcMap:

Get Raster Properties—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Is there any way to get those? I've tried using the inherited QObject::property method for Raster and RasterLayer classes using strings like "ACQUISITIONDATE", "SENSORNAME", etc. to try to get more info about the raster. I've looked at other methods available with the Raster and RasterLayer classes, but I haven't had any success. Do you have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Unfortunately, those types of properties are not accessible at the moment either.

0 Kudos
jkDfGrt3K8Dw
New Contributor II

Okay, thanks for confirming anyways.

0 Kudos