Local ios make not building 4.3.193

Jump to solution
12-08-2020 08:22 AM
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have moved to the new version of AppStudio 4.3.193 and can't get my build to work. I have installed all of the prerequisites and everything.  I keep getting the same error when trying to  do a local make for an IOS device.  I am doing this on a mac with Big Sur on it.  I installed qt 5.13.1, and QtIFW-3.0.6.  I have xcode 12.2 and set the simulator in xcode to ios 14.0.  The advanced configuration in QT points to the correct version of qt.  I can't figure out what I am missing.

I get the following build error text

nfo: creating stash file /Users/mattkajewski/Documents/IOS_Builds/Intermediate/iOS/.qmake.stash

Project ERROR: Cannot run target compiler '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++'. Output:
===================
Apple clang version 12.0.0 (clang-1200.0.32.27)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin20.1.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin
ignoring nonexistent directory "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1"
"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang" -cc1 -triple x86_64-apple-ios14.2.0 -Wdeprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -emit-obj -mrelax-all -disable-free -disable-llvm-verifier -discard-value-names -main-file-name - -mrelocation-model pic -pic-level 2 -mthread-model posix -mframe-pointer=all -fno-strict-return -masm-verbose -munwind-tables -target-sdk-version=14.2 -target-cpu core2 -dwarf-column-info -debugger-tuning=lldb -target-linker-version 609.6 -v -resource-dir /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/12.0.0 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk -stdlib=libc++ -internal-isystem /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1 -internal-isystem /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/usr/local/include -internal-isystem /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/12.0.0/include -internal-externc-isystem /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/usr/include -internal-externc-isystem /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -Wno-reorder-init-list -Wno-implicit-int-float-conversion -Wno-c99-designator -Wno-final-dtor-non-final-class -Wno-extra-semi-stmt -Wno-misleading-indentation -Wno-quoted-include-in-framework-header -Wno-implicit-fallthrough -Wno-enum-enum-conversion -Wno-enum-float-conversion -fdeprecated-macro -fdebug-compilation-dir /Users/mattkajewski/Qt5.13.1/5.13.1/ios/mkspecs/features -ferror-limit 19 -fmessage-length 0 -stack-protector 1 -fstack-check -mdarwin-stkchk-strong-link -fblocks -fencode-extended-block-signature -fregister-global-dtors-with-atexit -fgnuc-version=4.2.1 -fobjc-runtime=ios-14.2.0 -fcxx-exceptions -fexceptions -fmax-type-align=16 -fdiagnostics-show-option -o /var/folders/8x/zp84b29j1tg1v38lln45qdl40000gq/T/--2c6a47.o -x c++ -
clang -cc1 version 12.0.0 (clang-1200.0.32.27) default target x86_64-apple-darwin20.1.0
ignoring nonexistent directory "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/usr/local/include"
ignoring nonexistent directory "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/Library/Frameworks"
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/12.0.0/include
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/usr/include
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks (framework directory)
End of search list.
"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ld" -demangle -lto_library /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/libLTO.dylib -no_deduplicate -dynamic -dylib -arch x86_64 -platform_version ios 14.2.0 14.2 -single_module -syslibroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk -o /dev/null -v /var/folders/8x/zp84b29j1tg1v38lln45qdl40000gq/T/--2c6a47.o -lc++ -lSystem /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/12.0.0/lib/darwin/libclang_rt.ios.a
@(#)PROGRAM:ld PROJECT:ld64-609.7
BUILD 18:10:07 Oct 19 2020
configured to support archs: armv6 armv7 armv7s arm64 arm64e arm64_32 i386 x86_64 x86_64h armv6m armv7k armv7m armv7em
Library search paths:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/usr/lib
Framework search paths:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/
ld: warning: ignoring file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/usr/lib/libc++.tbd, missing required architecture x86_64 in file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS14.2.sdk/usr/lib/libc++.tbd (4 slices)
ld: building for iOS, but linking in object file built for iOS Simulator, file '/var/folders/8x/zp84b29j1tg1v38lln45qdl40000gq/T/--2c6a47.o' for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
===================
Maybe you forgot to setup the environment?

Build Failed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I tested local make build for iOS using AppStudio 4.3.193 and can confirm that it works with Xcode 11 on macOS Catalina.

Below are the per-requisites for building iOS apps with AppStudio 4.3

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/appstudio/extend-apps/installdevtoolslocalmake.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_666E278F8...

Qt5.15.2 is the Qt version that officially supports iOS builds with Xcode 12. 

AppStudio 4.3  requires Qt5.13.1 and does not support building iOS apps using Xcode 12

Can you install Xcode 11 from https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ and let me know if the build starts working when using XCode 11?

Thanks

Shobana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I tested local make build for iOS using AppStudio 4.3.193 and can confirm that it works with Xcode 11 on macOS Catalina.

Below are the per-requisites for building iOS apps with AppStudio 4.3

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/appstudio/extend-apps/installdevtoolslocalmake.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_666E278F8...

Qt5.15.2 is the Qt version that officially supports iOS builds with Xcode 12. 

AppStudio 4.3  requires Qt5.13.1 and does not support building iOS apps using Xcode 12

Can you install Xcode 11 from https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ and let me know if the build starts working when using XCode 11?

Thanks

Shobana

0 Kudos
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I was able to get this to build locally with your suggestions above.  My Mac is Big Sur and I rolled back the XCode to 11.  I was not able to roll back the command line tools because I was using Big Sur, but it looks like the command line tools 12 worked.  I used Qt5.13.1 along with AppStudio 4.3.  This seems to have done the trick.  

0 Kudos