identify values from raster image

Jump to solution
07-05-2017 08:49 AM
WayneGuidry
New Contributor III

I used ArcMap to generate a TPK file of a raster that I was hoping to perform Identify capabilities on to retrieve pixel values. After generating the TPK, I realized that it does not support Identify since it is basically a local tiled image layer.

Is there an efficient way of loading raster data through Runtime for display and also have the ability to identify on as well? The raw raster is in an HDF5 file which (last I heard) is not supported in Runtime.

Thanks

Edit: Forgot to include this is for ArcGIS Runtime 100.0.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Runtime 100 supports reading rasters directly, but only the formats listed here - Add raster data—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

So in your case, this format is not supported and you would need to create the TPK like you mention.

We do not yet support identifying a raster and getting the value back. I haven't tried this, but one option could be to make  GeoprocessingService that uses Get Cell Value GP tool? Get Cell Value—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Runtime 100 supports reading rasters directly, but only the formats listed here - Add raster data—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

So in your case, this format is not supported and you would need to create the TPK like you mention.

We do not yet support identifying a raster and getting the value back. I haven't tried this, but one option could be to make  GeoprocessingService that uses Get Cell Value GP tool? Get Cell Value—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos