How to remove 'Powered by Esri' logo

Jump to solution
11-22-2016 05:10 AM
NorbertThoden
Occasional Contributor III

How can i remove the logo 'Powered by Esri'?

Thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

With 10.2.x, this property was on the Map class, as there was no Map and MapView (just a Map). Now the view and model are separated out into separate classes, and since this is related to the view, it is on the MapView. MapView now inherits from GeoView, which is a base class that contains things that are common between a SceneView and a MapView, so this specific method actually ends up being on the base class GeoView.

For C++, you would use setAttributionTextVisible - GeoView Class | ArcGISQtCpp 100.0 

For QML you would use attributionTextVisible - GeoView QML Type | ArcGISQtQML 100.0 

Before you do this, please make sure you read the licensing guide topic where it discusses attributing Esri in your apps - License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

- Luke

View solution in original post

10 Replies
NorbertThoden

i am using Qt100.0.0

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There are numerous references to 'powered by esri' on GeoNet... Search this site using that phrase and see if your software/language is covered

0 Kudos
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

Can you help us out and point us to one of these numerous references that apply to v100.0 which was just launched yesterday?  The documentation is not searchable and there don't seem to be many forum posts about Quartz for Qt at all.

[Edit:  To be clear, Dan, I appreciate you taking the time to respond and I'm not trying to challenge you, I simply have not been able to find anything on this for v100.0]

0 Kudos
NorbertThoden

Thanks for supporting me.

I did a search - of course 🙂

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

good... most don't, or indicate that they did

0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Well here is one. Different language of course, but it must be a similar approach.

Remove Powered by esri

0 Kudos
NorbertThoden

Thank you neil!

But i can' find a similar approach.

I search the complete incDir, but i didn`t find anything...

(And constructor of Map and MapGraphicsView don`t have a proper parameter)...

😞

0 Kudos
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

It was a similar approach in Qt SDK 10.2.6, as they had a "esriLogoVisible" property that is mentioned in the documentation.

Unfortunately there isn't a similar property in v100.0's documentation for Map and we're still trying to figure out how to do it. There isn't a search tool in the docs so if it has been moved to somewhere else it might take a bit to find it. 

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

With 10.2.x, this property was on the Map class, as there was no Map and MapView (just a Map). Now the view and model are separated out into separate classes, and since this is related to the view, it is on the MapView. MapView now inherits from GeoView, which is a base class that contains things that are common between a SceneView and a MapView, so this specific method actually ends up being on the base class GeoView.

For C++, you would use setAttributionTextVisible - GeoView Class | ArcGISQtCpp 100.0 

For QML you would use attributionTextVisible - GeoView QML Type | ArcGISQtQML 100.0 

Before you do this, please make sure you read the licensing guide topic where it discusses attributing Esri in your apps - License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

- Luke