How to get well known text (wkt)

Jump to solution
12-02-2015 12:25 AM
Bhargav_KumarK
New Contributor

Hello,

1) How to get well known text from Geometry Objects in Arc GIS Qt Runtime?

2) Viewshed Analysis is working in Arc GIS  Qt Runtime but not Viewshed 2 Analysis (which  takes radius of interest as input)?

Thanks and Regards

Bhargav

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasDunn
Occasional Contributor

Bhargav,

You can get the WKT of a spatial reference https://developers.arcgis.com/qt/cpp/api-reference/class_esri_runtime_qt_1_1_spatial_reference.html#... . However, you cannot get the WKT of a geometry at this time. We have been talking about this internally. Can you please let us know you use case for this? Thanks.

I don't know about viewshed 2 analysis. Perhaps someone can chime in about that.

-- TAD

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasDunn
Occasional Contributor

Bhargav,

You can get the WKT of a spatial reference https://developers.arcgis.com/qt/cpp/api-reference/class_esri_runtime_qt_1_1_spatial_reference.html#... . However, you cannot get the WKT of a geometry at this time. We have been talking about this internally. Can you please let us know you use case for this? Thanks.

I don't know about viewshed 2 analysis. Perhaps someone can chime in about that.

-- TAD

0 Kudos
Bhargav_KumarK
New Contributor

I wanted to use open spatial database for our small requirement that is the reason for getting wkt.

0 Kudos
ThomasDunn
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Bhargav. I see that this would be helpful. We are continuing to look into this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
ThomasDunn
Occasional Contributor

Bhargav Kumar K,

We agree this is useful functionality and should be included if possible. We have added import and export of WKT and WKB to our plans for an upcoming release. I cannot say when this will be delivered, and plans can change, but look for it in a future release. Thank you.

TAD

0 Kudos
Bhargav_KumarK
New Contributor

Thanks Thomas Dunn, Looking for the future release.

0 Kudos