Height/Width of Callouts

Jump to solution
04-28-2017 03:17 PM
WayneGuidry
New Contributor III

I was able to combine the examples for displaying callouts and identifying graphics to display a callout when I click a graphic on the screen with the idea of showing some of the attributes of the graphic. I'd like it to be formatted on multiple lines so I added a few newline characters on the items in the string I'm passing into the callout setDetail method.

If the Callout is set for Auto Adjust Width, the Callout displayed is very wide, but the height is very small which some of the text runs past the bottom of it.  I'm not sure if auto adjust is getting tripped up by the newline characters or something else is happening.

If I turn Auto Adjust Width off I don't see any properties that allow me to set width/height manually on the Callout. Is there someway to manually adjust the width/height of callouts or get it to auto adjust correctly?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

For setting the height, we don't currently have a public property for this, but we probably should. I'll add a note for us to look into adding one. In the meantime, since it is open source, you should be able to modify what is released to your liking. From my testing, changing this property changes the height of the callout - arcgis-runtime-toolkit-qt/Callout.qml at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-toolkit-qt · GitHub 

For width, did you try turning off auto adjust width, and the setting the calloutWidth property? We pushed this addition up to GitHub after the final release, so you will probably need to fork the repo so you get the updates. Setting this property should allow you to control the width when auto adjust if set to false - arcgis-runtime-toolkit-qt/Callout.qml at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-toolkit-qt · GitHub 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

For setting the height, we don't currently have a public property for this, but we probably should. I'll add a note for us to look into adding one. In the meantime, since it is open source, you should be able to modify what is released to your liking. From my testing, changing this property changes the height of the callout - arcgis-runtime-toolkit-qt/Callout.qml at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-toolkit-qt · GitHub 

For width, did you try turning off auto adjust width, and the setting the calloutWidth property? We pushed this addition up to GitHub after the final release, so you will probably need to fork the repo so you get the updates. Setting this property should allow you to control the width when auto adjust if set to false - arcgis-runtime-toolkit-qt/Callout.qml at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-toolkit-qt · GitHub 

0 Kudos
WayneGuidry
New Contributor III

Thanks Lucas, will take a look at it.

0 Kudos