Graphics disappear when zooming in

Jump to solution
05-28-2021 06:32 AM
FatmaAkdemir
Occasional Contributor II

I have some Graphics (lines, circles etc.) displayed on the tiled map layer. They tend to disappear when user zooms in. What might be causing this behaviour?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FatmaAkdemir

Hi @JaredCaccamo ,

I have solved my issue by changing my graphic overlay's SurfacePlacement to Draped. It was like below:

setSceneProperties(LayerSceneProperties(SurfacePlacement::Absolute));

I changed it to:

setSceneProperties(LayerSceneProperties(SurfacePlacement::Draped));

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaredCaccamo
Esri Contributor

Hello @FatmaAkdemir ,

It seems like you are running into the max scale on the layer and once that is exceeded the layer no longer displays . For service layers, this is defined by the service, Layer::maxScale. Here is a related sample as well, min-max scale sample. Let me know if I am on the right track.

Sincerely,

Jared 

0 Kudos
FatmaAkdemir

Hi @JaredCaccamo ,

I have solved my issue by changing my graphic overlay's SurfacePlacement to Draped. It was like below:

setSceneProperties(LayerSceneProperties(SurfacePlacement::Absolute));

I changed it to:

setSceneProperties(LayerSceneProperties(SurfacePlacement::Draped));

0 Kudos
JaredCaccamo
Esri Contributor

@FatmaAkdemir Ah I can see how this could cause some confusion in your situation. SurfacePlacement::Drapped does as you might think and drapes the symbol/graphic onto the surface itself. SurfacePlacement::Absolute is placed at the elevation specified in meters above sea level. It is also possible for that to go below the surface which if not anticipated could lead to unexpected behavior as well.

Happy to hear you solved the issue!

0 Kudos
JaredCaccamo
Esri Contributor

@FatmaAkdemir I forgot to mention we have a sample that demonstrates all the different SurfacePlacement modes and is interactive to help show how they are different, Surface placement sample.