GenerateOfflineMap Issues?? Can you help me?

Jump to solution
11-16-2020 07:48 AM
ArmandoGarcia3
New Contributor III

Hello friends of Esri,

I am a little confused at the month. Last year when I was running this program to create offline maps, I was having no issues.

Now I am trying it again to make more maps, and the application will open, but it will not display the prompt for Account and Password so I can proceed to make an offline map.

It's not giving me any errors, therefore I do not know how to trouble shoot it. I followed the instructions and I am using 100.9 ARCGIS and 5.15 QT

Any reason as to why this could be happening. 

I'm sorry for bothering. Thank you and have a nice day.

- Z

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @ArmandoGarcia3 ,

"but it will not display the prompt for Account and Password"

The dialog that prompts you for your credentials is the AuthenticationView from our toolkit. This needs to be declared inside your .qml file and the AuthenticationView.authenticationManager property needs to be set as well. Depending on your project this can be done in two different ways which is explained in the toolkit API reference. Once this is done the authentication dialog should display when a challenge is issued.

Are you using one of our samples, E.g. Generate offline map? If so, the samples have the necessary authentication view set up but in order for it to display you need to uncomment the AuthenticationView in the GenerateOfflineMap.qml file towards the bottom. It will look similar to the following:

/* Uncomment this section when running as standalone application
AuthenticationView {
   anchors.fill: parent
   authenticationManager: offlineMapSample.authenticationManager // set the authenticationManager property (this needs to be registered)
}
*/

I hope this helps,

@JaredCaccamo 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @ArmandoGarcia3 ,

"but it will not display the prompt for Account and Password"

The dialog that prompts you for your credentials is the AuthenticationView from our toolkit. This needs to be declared inside your .qml file and the AuthenticationView.authenticationManager property needs to be set as well. Depending on your project this can be done in two different ways which is explained in the toolkit API reference. Once this is done the authentication dialog should display when a challenge is issued.

Are you using one of our samples, E.g. Generate offline map? If so, the samples have the necessary authentication view set up but in order for it to display you need to uncomment the AuthenticationView in the GenerateOfflineMap.qml file towards the bottom. It will look similar to the following:

/* Uncomment this section when running as standalone application
AuthenticationView {
   anchors.fill: parent
   authenticationManager: offlineMapSample.authenticationManager // set the authenticationManager property (this needs to be registered)
}
*/

I hope this helps,

@JaredCaccamo 

0 Kudos