[Error]ArcGISRuntime.h: No such file or directory

Jump to solution
03-07-2016 12:16 PM
FranciscoThibério
New Contributor II

I am using Windows 64 bit with Qt Creator IDE.  I followed the instructions in Install and set up on Windows—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers to install the Arcgis SDK.

When I try to run a simple example program in Qt Creator IDE i got this error:

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/untitled6-png

It looks like the Qt its not recognizing the includes files in the example.

How can i fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

In addition to Qt Creator, you will need to run the post installer for MSVC kit (either 32 or 64 bit). In your Qt Creator Build and Run Option menu, click on the Qt Versions tab, and you should see all of your kits, and where qmake is located for each. Use this path for Windows MSVC in the post installer.

-Luke

View solution in original post

7 Replies
FranciscoThibério
New Contributor II

I have found the solution to this problem:

You have to include the directory of .header files of ArcGIS SDK to .pro file, in my case I had to include the following:

INCLUDEPATH += "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\Qt10.2.6\sdk\windows\include"

However, when i try to compile now gives another error message:

Untitled.png

Anyone can help?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Did you make sure to run the post installer?

FranciscoThibério
New Contributor II

Thank for the answer Lucas,

Yes I ran the post-installer, I selected Qt only to configure, since I am not developing do android. I didn't selected to configure the msvc because I couldn't find in the Qt folder the file( I have the mingw installation). However I have the compiler installed in my computer and the Qt Creator recognize when I try to configure the kits. The images help to see that:

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

In addition to Qt Creator, you will need to run the post installer for MSVC kit (either 32 or 64 bit). In your Qt Creator Build and Run Option menu, click on the Qt Versions tab, and you should see all of your kits, and where qmake is located for each. Use this path for Windows MSVC in the post installer.

-Luke

FranciscoThibério
New Contributor II

I think that the post-installer don't recognize my installation of msvc compiler, because doesn't have the qmake file. The compiler is from Visual Studio installation:

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

I am going to download and install Qt 5.5.1 with msvc and see what happens, I will post the results here.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Qmake should be in your Qt installation, not in your msvc installation. The post installer gives an example path in the placeholder text of the text box. Usually it is something like c:\qt\qt5.5.1\msvc2013\bin\qmake

FranciscoThibério
New Contributor II

Thanks for the answer Lucas, after installing Qt + msvc 2013 the program worked.

Best regards!

0 Kudos