Draw circles and sectors on the map

10-19-2017 03:45 AM
AnatBen_Israel
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently displaying a circle on the map which represents a 360 degrees system range, and is created using the following code. I have a few questions about it...

---------------

SimpleLineSymbol* circleOutline = new SimpleLineSymbol(SimpleLineSymbolStyle::Solid, QColor(Qt::lightGray), 2, this);
SimpleFillSymbol* circleSym = new SimpleFillSymbol(SimpleFillSymbolStyle::Solid, Qt::transparent, circleOutline, this);

m_graphicsOverlays[GRAPHIC_OVERLAY_RANGE]->setRenderer(new SimpleRenderer(circleSym));

Polygon poly1 = GeometryEngine::bufferGeodetic(systemPosition, range1Meters, LinearUnit::meters(), 0.5, GeodeticCurveType::Geodesic);

Graphic* graphic1 = new Graphic(poly1);

m_graphicsOverlays[GRAPHIC_OVERLAY_RANGE]->graphics()->append(graphic1);

----------------

1. I would like the circle to have a slightly complicated outline. 4 pixels wide, two white inner pixels and two outer black pixels. Is that possible?

2. I also need to display (in some situations) just a specific section of a circle (like a piza slice...) Can I do that?

3. I would appreciate a detailed explanation regarding the differences between the different curve types.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

1) I think you could do this by creating a custom symbol in Pro and saving it to a Mobile Style File. I just wrote up a blog about this process here - Using Custom Pro Symbols in ArcGIS Runtime. Please read through that and see if you can create a polygon fill symbol

2) Will the geodesic sector work? GeometryEngine Class | ArcGIS for Developers 

3) Did you see the documentation we have here? GeodeticCurveType Class | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos