Doubts about Symbols in ArcGIS Qt Runtime

Jump to solution
12-20-2015 09:52 PM
Bhargav_KumarK
New Contributor

When I am working with MIL2525C Symbology in ArcGIS Runtime I encountered with esriMultiPartCIMSymbol, CIMPointSymbol, CIMPolygonSymbol, CIMTextLayer. I found out these are useful like we can create a single graphic display them along with name associated with it. For example if we use existing symbols present in ArcGIS Qt API, if we draw a Polygon we can put only one symbol either for drawing or displaying text both we  cannot put at a time. This might be possible with this esriMultiPartCIMSymbol concept, but I am not finding any documention for the above mentioned symbols to use in my ArcGIS Qt Application such that with single graphic object I can display text and drawing.

Thanks Bhargav.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Bhargav-

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to create the types you mention with the API; you can just get them back from the military symbols. We are looking into some new designs for Quartz, but they will likely not make it in for final. Ultimately, a composite symbol that would allow you to take two different symbols and put them together into one symbol would be ideal. You could then define something like a marker symbol and a text symbol with an x and y offset, then put those together into one composite symbol to apply to a graphic. We are also looking to add labelling for graphics at Quartz, so you could label your graphic with whatever information you wanted.

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Bhargav-

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to create the types you mention with the API; you can just get them back from the military symbols. We are looking into some new designs for Quartz, but they will likely not make it in for final. Ultimately, a composite symbol that would allow you to take two different symbols and put them together into one symbol would be ideal. You could then define something like a marker symbol and a text symbol with an x and y offset, then put those together into one composite symbol to apply to a graphic. We are also looking to add labelling for graphics at Quartz, so you could label your graphic with whatever information you wanted.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
Bhargav_KumarK
New Contributor

Lucas,

Do I get any information about Composite Symbol in the form of Documentations/Some useful links i.e how to use them. I am not finding anywhere in web.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

The composite symbol is not yet released- it is something that we are considering doing for our Quartz release, but is still in design and is not finalized at this point. Labeling graphics is also in design for Quartz right now, and is also not finalized.

-Luke

0 Kudos