Can't add libssl and libcrypto

Jump to solution
02-17-2017 10:02 AM
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

I'm on windows making builds for Android and I am trying to package libssl.so and libcrypto.so into my 10.2.6 application.  Whenever I make any changes to "additional libraries" in the build android apk target, the changes are immediately un-done and a message about qmake.cache pops up in general messages:  

C:/....../build-eCOP-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_7_1-Debug/.qmake.cache: No such file or directory

This happens even if i wipe out the entire build directory, and it happens even if I disable shadow build.  

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong to add these libraries?  If I manually add them in the .pro file, they still don't make it into the makefile. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

The Esri lib is probably automatically getting added because we have are adding it via qmake in the arcgis_runtime_qml10_2_6.prf file. So even if you remove it, each time qmake runs, it gets added back due to this line getting executed - 

ANDROID_EXTRA_LIBS = $${SDK_INSTALL_DIR}/sdk/$${PLATFORM}/armv7/lib/libEsriRuntimeQt.so

Now that I am looking at it, I wonder if this line needs to get changed to use += instead of =

ANDROID_EXTRA_LIBS += $${SDK_INSTALL_DIR}/sdk/$${PLATFORM}/armv7/lib/libEsriRuntimeQt.so

This could be blowing it out every time because it is using the assignment operator. I see that is something that we fixed in our new templates (v 100). Can you try going into the following file and fixing that? <qt kit location>\mkspecs\features\arcgis_runtime_qml10_2_6.qml

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Just a thought, but do the paths to your ssl libs have spaces in them? Whenever I build anything Qt related for Android on a Windows host machine, I need to make sure there are no spaces, otherwise various steps of the build fail.

Also, have you tried doing this to a brand new project? Would be good to validate that there is nothing being cached somewhere beyond the shadow build directory. 

0 Kudos
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

There is a space in Program Files, but that space is there for the esri library as well. Just to be safe, I moved the libs to a space-less path, and the problem remains.

The problem also remains in a brand new 10.2.6 Qt Quick project.

0 Kudos
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

It doesn't matter what libs I try to add, anything I add to additional libraries gets automatically removed within seconds. If I remove libEsriRuntimeQt.so, it gets automatically added back in. Some script is clearly running when I make changes but I'm not familiar with what's happening behind the scenes when I make changes on the project settings screen. 

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

The Esri lib is probably automatically getting added because we have are adding it via qmake in the arcgis_runtime_qml10_2_6.prf file. So even if you remove it, each time qmake runs, it gets added back due to this line getting executed - 

ANDROID_EXTRA_LIBS = $${SDK_INSTALL_DIR}/sdk/$${PLATFORM}/armv7/lib/libEsriRuntimeQt.so

Now that I am looking at it, I wonder if this line needs to get changed to use += instead of =

ANDROID_EXTRA_LIBS += $${SDK_INSTALL_DIR}/sdk/$${PLATFORM}/armv7/lib/libEsriRuntimeQt.so

This could be blowing it out every time because it is using the assignment operator. I see that is something that we fixed in our new templates (v 100). Can you try going into the following file and fixing that? <qt kit location>\mkspecs\features\arcgis_runtime_qml10_2_6.qml

0 Kudos
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

Good catch, that was the problem.  I'm sure you noticed that we switched to v100.0 for at least some of our apps, but we didn't want to bother rebuilding all the old ones just yet, so it's good to be able to get this working.  Do you know if this particular issue has been fixed in the 10.x line since 10.2.6? We could always move our older apps to 10.2.8_1 to address this issue without having to manually modify the install if that's the case. 

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

It has not been fixed. The most recent patch still has the assignment operator.

0 Kudos
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

10.2.8_2  

0 Kudos
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos