Building a CUSTOM GUI with ArcGIS SDK

09-14-2018 08:20 AM
PaulMitchell3
New Contributor

Hello Esri Community,

I am a fairly new developer and I have a question about QT Creator.

I created a GUI using QT Widgets Application and I was able to create this GUI using only the Design Tab.

We are about to purchase a ArcGIS Runtime SDK License so I can replace the static image of the map that I have placed on the GUI and use a map provided to us by the customer and then utilize the tools and create some sort of geofencing features.. (You can see it on the image I linked below.)

My question is: If I created the GUI using the Design, it seems there is no way to customize the GUI in any way unless you do it through the design.

My concern is, I've done examples of mapping with the ArcGIS RunTime SDK but it seems they create the maps themselves in main using an applicationWindow()

Am I going to have to create the whole application manually in order to implement ArcGIS SDK features?

I hope this made any sense.

Cheers,

ArmandoMy GUI

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

You should be able to add the MapView to your app and still use the designer. Have you taken a look at this topic? Getting Started Programming with Qt Widgets | Qt Widgets 5.11  

You should be able to create a MapGraphicsView in code and add it as a widget to the layout.

0 Kudos