ArcGIS RT SDK for Qt - message properties unknow

01-22-2015 03:35 AM
RomeoCureliuc
New Contributor III

I down't know how can I get the list of all the properties that I can set to a message ( before to proccess ) corresponding in my case to a military symbology   SymbolDictionary.DictionaryType set in my MessageGroupLayer.

Ex:

message.setID("1879");

message.setProperty("_type", "position_report");

message.setProperty("_action", "update");

message.setProperty("_control_points", "7843536.41455,4088224.16202");

message.setProperty("_wkid", 3857);

message.setProperty("sic","GFGPOPP-------X");

message.setProperty("uniquedesignation", "1");

How can I know what other properties as key-value pairs, that I can set to my messages?

Thanks in advance

Romeo cureliuc

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RomeoCureliuc
New Contributor III

... add on my same question:

What I need, is that I have to display ( enable agraphical modifier ) the "speed leader indicator" for a military symbol, using the key-value pairs property to set on the message before to process this on the MessageGroupLayer.

I hope that the same procedure ( setting a key-value pair property ) will allow me to set the military symbol type without frame.

Thanks again for any help.

0 Kudos
RomeoCureliuc
New Contributor III

...still my question,

considering this working key-value sample (_type, _action, ...), used in SDK installation of the Runtime for Qt,

message.setID("1879");

message.setProperty("_type", "position_report");

message.setProperty("_action", "update");

message.setProperty("_control_points", "7843536.41455,4088224.16202");

message.setProperty("_wkid", 3857);

message.setProperty("sic","GFGPOPP-------X");

message.setProperty("uniquedesignation", "1");

...my question is where I can found the other key-value available to set property ( or the rools to due that)?

I have already look at the 2525C standard document, I have tried to use any combination of "speedleader", "_speedleader", "AJ", "directionofmovementindicator", ...etc with any values, but without success.

Thanks for any help....

Speed_leader_std2525.jpg

0 Kudos
ChristopherMoore
Esri Contributor

Those "Dynamic Graphic Modifiers" shown in that section of that Table IV (and shown in Figure IV) are unfortunately not supported in Runtime. The standard is somewhat vague about how to represent and exchange that type of information. So if your system has this specific requirement, you would have to implement these graphics using custom drawing (not message processor properties - if needed, the list of properties Runtime supports is here: military-features-data/data/mil2525c at master · Esri/military-features-data · GitHub ). 

A few years ago we did a custom drawing sample using the Qt API here: vehicle-commander-qt/mapcompass.cpp at master · Esri/vehicle-commander-qt · GitHub  - but I am not sure how current this approach is (that is, there might be easier ways to do this custom drawing with the Qt API now)

- Chris
RomeoCureliuc
New Contributor III

Thanks very much, Christopher!

Do you think that will be consider this "Dynamic Graphic Modifiers" in some next future release?

Thanks again for your help.

Romeo

0 Kudos
ChristopherMoore
Esri Contributor

I am not aware of any near term work on this (but perhaps others will know and/or the best way to request a feature like this).

But it is an unfortunate nature of such a large and inclusive standard like 2525 that some things are shown that are not fully specified (or not specified to the level that they could be unambiguously encoded in a message format). This particular feature could use some further detail/specification of how one might implement/exchange such a feature. For instance, the data attributes used to drive such dynamic graphics.

- Chris
0 Kudos