AppStudio for ArcGIS can't make it work with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for QT 10.2.6

Jump to solution
06-30-2015 07:07 AM
PabloRebufello
New Contributor III
I have installed QT 5.4.1, ArcGIS Runtime SDK for QT 10.2.6.  Now, any project from a template from AppStudio environment (Wizard, player, build, etc.) doesn't run any more.  I know AppStudio for ArcGIS works with QT 5.4.0, and SDK 10.2.5.  Is there any version for SDK 10.2.6?How can it make run?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Pablo-

When you say you "couldn't build in any case", do you mean you are trying to actually build the binaries locally? This is something you would do with the SDK, but not something you would likely do with AppStudio. The workflow for AppStudio currently focuses around using the AppPlayer to play the interpreted QML code. Is this also not working? Either way, I think the best thing for you to do is to post in the AppStudio forums on the beta community so the AppStudio team can give you a hand with this-- https://earlyadopter.esri.com/home.html . It seems like building a simple app with the SDK is working, so I think some expertise from the AppStudio team may be what you need

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Pablo-

So after installing the Runtime SDK for Qt 10.2.6, the SDK projects work, but your existing AppStudio projects no longer work? What exactly is the issue? Do these items in AppStudio just not launch any longer, or do you get an error message?

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
PabloRebufello
New Contributor III

This is what i did.  Install QT 5.4.1 Windows 64, then Arcgis Runtime SDK 10.2.6.  Tested it with some code, everything worked fine. Install AppStudio (wizard, player, etc).  Did the following test:

1. Simple template – didn’t work. 
  2. Old code based on a template (previous version of arcgis runtime for QT) – didn’t work. 

Try to add directories to path environment for QT.  Still didn’t work.  Couldn’t build in any case. It couldn’t find framework lib, but I could make it find the runtime 10.2.6.    Since I only had the 10.2.6 installed, I changed the old code to use this runtime.

So I uninstalled everything, and started all over again. Install QT, then runtime 10.2.6. Test the same old code I mentioned before (number 2), change it to not to use the template, build and run OK. So I haven’t installed back the AppStudio environment (wizard, etc.) to wait for a response.

Does this information help?  Just let me know if you need anything else.  Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Pablo-

When you say you "couldn't build in any case", do you mean you are trying to actually build the binaries locally? This is something you would do with the SDK, but not something you would likely do with AppStudio. The workflow for AppStudio currently focuses around using the AppPlayer to play the interpreted QML code. Is this also not working? Either way, I think the best thing for you to do is to post in the AppStudio forums on the beta community so the AppStudio team can give you a hand with this-- https://earlyadopter.esri.com/home.html . It seems like building a simple app with the SDK is working, so I think some expertise from the AppStudio team may be what you need

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
PabloRebufello
New Contributor III

I'll try that Lucas.  Thank you!

0 Kudos