Any idea why the sync process is failing?

07-07-2017 04:38 PM
esri
by
Occasional Contributor III

A few users of my app are having issues when syncing data back to the server.

All the data is in a local geodatabase, they typically sync every morning to pull down any data changes from the previous day. Then they go out into the field, and do their collection.

At the end of the day, when they get back to the office and are connected to our internal network, they sync their data back to the server. However, sometimes the sync fails even though the iPad is showing they're connected to our internal network, and are not connected to the data plan.

I've noticed that if I swipe the app up to close it and then reopen it, then the sync works fine.

Any idea what's going on? Is there a way for me to refresh the connection somehow when they hit the Sync button?

-----------

0 Kudos
4 Replies
esri
by

LDanzinger-esristaff‌ have you seen this happen before?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

I have not seen this. A couple things to check out would be the error message - do you get any indication of why the sync fails? If not, then I would check the ArcGIS Server logs and see if you can get any hints from that. Otherwise, I suggest you log a support case to try and reproduce the issue with them. They should be able to assist you in troubleshooting, and if they can reproduce the issue, they can get a bug logged with us to fix.

Thanks,

Luke 

0 Kudos
esri
by

Curious if anyone else is running into this? 

It's still a problem for me, and is pretty frustrating.

The user has to kill the app, and then reopen it for the sync to work - this is using iPad Pros.

0 Kudos
esri
by

Bump

0 Kudos