Wildcard in a renderer

Jump to solution
07-12-2015 09:13 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know if it is possible to include a wildcard value in a renderer?

I want to create a renderer based on two fields where features with one value display with certain symbology (e.g. no fill but a border color based on a second field), and everything else displays using a different symbology (e.g. a solid fill color based on the second field).

I'm using AppStudio but I assume the concept should run across all the sdk's...?

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

I guess I read over this too fast and missed the two fields part of this. You are right, you can only specify the one default symbol. Otherwise, it is up to the developer to define all of the possible different unique value combinations.

-Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Hey Paul-

Set the default label and default symbol. Everything will get labeled/symbolized like that symbol unless they match one of your class breaks or unique values, in which case they will use whatever you assigned it.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Luke - as I understand it though, the default obviously only allows one symbology. What I want is:

Field1 = A and Field2 = B then blue.Field1 = A and Field2 = C then red.

Field1 = anything other than A and Field2 = B then green.

Field1 = anything other than A and Field2 = C then pink.

etc...

The key would be the ability to put a wildcard * or % reference or not equals != in. But it seems like the renderer only does a 'equals' comparison, not any other search expression. I can't find any indication anywhere that this can be done so am assuming it can't...?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

I guess I read over this too fast and missed the two fields part of this. You are right, you can only specify the one default symbol. Otherwise, it is up to the developer to define all of the possible different unique value combinations.

-Luke

0 Kudos