vtpk loaded but not visible

Jump to solution
06-27-2022 05:40 AM
NorbertThoden
Occasional Contributor III

Hi!

I have a vtpk as basemap and that can be loaded as basemap to my map (2D, wkid 32639 / UTM projection) - fine

I have a second vtpk (same region) with wgs84 web Mercator (AS).
That could be loaded by the map (2D) but not by the scene (3D).
In the mapReady signal is emitted in both cases.

The problem is: basemap is simply not visible.
(minScale/maxScale shouldn´t be the problem)

I that supported? Or does someone knows some limitations?

I am using ArcGIS runtime qt, V100.8 on OpenSuse:

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewBladon
Esri Contributor

Apologies for the delay in responding @NorbertThoden, I've been on annual leave.

I performed some testing prior to my leave and do not believe the "Package for ArcGIS Online | Bing..." VTPK export option in ArcGIS Pro is required. I was able to successfully display a test VTPK file in a runtime scene view regardless of whether it had been created with the export option enabled or disabled.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AndrewBladon
Esri Contributor

Hi @NorbertThoden.

Does the issue only occur when visualising the vtpk in a 3D scene view? Are you adding both vtpk files at the same time?

To help us investigate this are you able to share the vptk file(s)?

0 Kudos
NorbertThoden

Hi Andrew!

Yes, the issue occurs if i load the webMercator-projected vtpk to a scene/sceneView.
At that moment i just added this single file.

Since the data sensitive, sharing is difficult.
On Monday i will contact the ESRI employee creating that data. I will please him to create a small area of the dessert which should reproduce that issue. Maybe with a screenshot of the ArcGIS Pro-Tool.

After that i will come back to you.

Thanks

NorbertThoden

Hi Andrew!

I got a reduced and small vtpk: test.vtpk.
It contains just the border of qatar but the effect is the same: works with the map/mapView but not with the scene/sceneView.

The ArgGIS Pro Tool "Create Vector Tile Package" offers a checkbox "Package for ArcGIS Online | Bing..."
The Creator said, that this Checkbox was NOT set. I assume that that should be checked!?

If i create basemaps for a scene/sceneView i typically check that option.
And if i use a basemap created without that option (==unchecked), the behaviour is the same: layer is loaded & map is ready, but nothing visible.

Can someone make a statement whether the option "Package for ArcGIS Online | Bing..." is required for a scene/sceneView of not?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
AndrewBladon
Esri Contributor

Thank you for sending the example VTPK file @NorbertThoden.

I have just noticed you are using SDK version 100.8. Support for Vector Tile Layers in 3D was added at SDK version 100.13 (see 100.13 Release Notes).

Are you able to upgrade to SDK version 100.13 or later?

NorbertThoden

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for pointing me to 100.13 adding support vor vtpk!
Unfortunately we can´t simply upgrade.

Question:
But do you know whether the option "Package for ArcGIS Online | Bing..." is required for a scene/sceneView of not?

Thanks a lot

Greeting from Germany

0 Kudos
AndrewBladon
Esri Contributor

Apologies for the delay in responding @NorbertThoden, I've been on annual leave.

I performed some testing prior to my leave and do not believe the "Package for ArcGIS Online | Bing..." VTPK export option in ArcGIS Pro is required. I was able to successfully display a test VTPK file in a runtime scene view regardless of whether it had been created with the export option enabled or disabled.

NorbertThoden

Hi Andrew.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos