Update to 100.13 in Qt Creator

Jump to solution
01-20-2022 05:02 PM
DavidPuckett
Occasional Contributor

I have installed ArcGIS AppStudio which installed Qt Creator along with the Runtime SDK for Qt 100.12. I'd like to take advantage of the new features (mapView.locationDisplay) in the 100.13 SDK. How can I upgrade?

I have tried downloading and installing the new SDK but cannot tell Qt Creator to use it. Changing my import statements to import Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.13 throws a runtime error.

Any help here?

thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tanner_Yould
Esri Contributor

Oh, @DavidPuckett, fortunately you shouldn't need Runtime 100.13 to use both `LocatorTask` and `SuggestListModel`, because they were added in 100.0. The "Find a place" sample was actually initially committed to the Qt samples repo five years ago, so those APIs should certainly work with versions earlier than 100.13.

The current import statement is `import Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.13`, but 100.13 here can be substituted for your current Runtime version. So in your case, `import Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.12` should provide access to both the `LocatorTask` and `SuggestListModel`.

I hope that helps, and please don't hesitate to follow up with further questions!

Tanner Yould
Samples Product Engineer
ArcGIS Maps SDK for Qt
Esri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewBladon
Esri Contributor

Hi DavidPuckett!

The AppStudio uses a fixed version of the Runtime SDK. As you have identified, the most recent version of AppStudio uses SDK version 100.12. Unfortunately this cannot be updated. New features available in version 100.13 of the Runtime SDK will be made available in a future version of AppStudio.

Let us know if there is anything further we can do to assist you.

0 Kudos
AndrewBladon
Esri Contributor

Further to my previous message, what new features are you trying to access? Thanks!

0 Kudos
DavidPuckett
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
Tanner_Yould
Esri Contributor

Oh, @DavidPuckett, fortunately you shouldn't need Runtime 100.13 to use both `LocatorTask` and `SuggestListModel`, because they were added in 100.0. The "Find a place" sample was actually initially committed to the Qt samples repo five years ago, so those APIs should certainly work with versions earlier than 100.13.

The current import statement is `import Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.13`, but 100.13 here can be substituted for your current Runtime version. So in your case, `import Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.12` should provide access to both the `LocatorTask` and `SuggestListModel`.

I hope that helps, and please don't hesitate to follow up with further questions!

Tanner Yould
Samples Product Engineer
ArcGIS Maps SDK for Qt
Esri
0 Kudos
DavidPuckett
Occasional Contributor

Checking in here to say that, well, the runtime version was not the issue here, as you pointed out @Tanner_Yould . There were a series of issues around 'current location' that were making the locator fail so I assumed it was the problem. FWIW I never got that sample running as-is but did pull out the parts to get what I needed.

0 Kudos