SearchBox search imput text change

Jump to solution
04-14-2015 03:57 AM
KK2014
by
New Contributor III

I'm using SearchBox in my project from "Geocode online" example .When I creating SearchBox, text imput starting value seems like picture below.How can I change this starting text value or can I add own starting text imput (because my application contains different area not "357 Geary Blvd, San Francisco" ) when create SearchBox in the app ?

Thanks.

California.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey KK,

You can just change the source, as it is a QML file. Right click on SearchBox in your Qt Creator, and select to Follow Symbol Under Cursor. Here you can change up the searchTextInput property along with the "textInput" component to say whatever you want. You could also change it to make it a configurable property. Here is an issue in the github repo to fix it up - Change SearchBox so that the default text displayed is a configurable property · Issue #55 · Esri/ar...

If you get something put together that works well, please submit a pull request. Otherwise, we will add something in shortly.

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey KK,

You can just change the source, as it is a QML file. Right click on SearchBox in your Qt Creator, and select to Follow Symbol Under Cursor. Here you can change up the searchTextInput property along with the "textInput" component to say whatever you want. You could also change it to make it a configurable property. Here is an issue in the github repo to fix it up - Change SearchBox so that the default text displayed is a configurable property · Issue #55 · Esri/ar...

If you get something put together that works well, please submit a pull request. Otherwise, we will add something in shortly.

Thanks,

Luke

KK2014
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Lucas solved.

0 Kudos