SampleViewer and stylx

Jump to solution
07-20-2017 01:06 AM
NorbertThoden
Occasional Contributor III

Hi!

I am migrating to V100.1.

On my office computer i have installed the SampleViewer V100.0 as well as the SampleViewer V100.1.

I am working with the Topic "search" to analyze the content of th DictionarySymbolStyle (based on the stylx file)

I was wondering that both versions are displaying the same number of total results: 6894

When is install the SampleViewer V100.1 on my private computer the total number of results is 6182.

(I am using the identical zip-File to start the SampleViewer)

Whats is going on here?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LukeSmallwood
Esri Contributor

Hi Norbert - sorry, I wasn't very clear. The data used by the samples is downloaded on demand and goes to a separate location (based on the Qt home location) - depending on your platform it will be something like:

- Windows: c:\Users\[user_name]\ArcGIS\Runtime\Data

- Mac: ~/ArcGIS/Runtime/Data

- Linux: ~/ArcGIS/Runtime/Data

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LukeSmallwood
Esri Contributor

Hi Norbert, I believe there have been some updates made to the stylx file for 100.1

The sample, when run from the viewer, will download the file if it is missing - possibly both samples viewers are using the same (older?) version of the file.

If you delete the file from ...ArcGIS/Runtime/Data/styles/mil2525d.stylx and run again it should download the latest version.

Please let me know if you are still getting inconsistent results.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
NorbertThoden

Hi Luke!

I speak about the SampleViewer which can be simply downloaded and extracted.

In that area i can`t find the path "...ArcGIS/Runtime/Data/styles/mil2525d.stylx".

I already searched for that file but without success...

And there is no SDK installed.

Is the stylx file compiled in?

Thx

0 Kudos
LukeSmallwood
Esri Contributor

Hi Norbert - sorry, I wasn't very clear. The data used by the samples is downloaded on demand and goes to a separate location (based on the Qt home location) - depending on your platform it will be something like:

- Windows: c:\Users\[user_name]\ArcGIS\Runtime\Data

- Mac: ~/ArcGIS/Runtime/Data

- Linux: ~/ArcGIS/Runtime/Data

NorbertThoden

Thanks Luke!

Now i can understand what was going on.

From my point of view it´s tricky. I downloaded and installed the SampleViewer of V100 a cvouple of month ago,

Now i try to use the new one of V100.1 and the result are not correct (dur to old stylx).

Using this (wrong) data it´s hard to discuss with the problematic changes of the stylx:

https://github.com/Esri/joint-military-symbology-xml/issues/338

very short overview:

I recognized a bug relatedt to a military symbol, create a case and got a bug-Number.

A couple of month later that bug arise in that github repo.

A couple of people solved that partly, but ESRI is not able to explain what is solved and what is still open.

After the release of V100.1 i try to analyze...

From my current point of view the inconsistency increases and the usablity of thatr symbol decreases...

More than half a year to replace one problem with another.....

Now i have dig into that problem further...

But Luke, thanks for your great help at this time 🙂

(For you it´s at night, right?)

Norbert

0 Kudos
LukeSmallwood
Esri Contributor

Hi Norbert - thanks for the feedback, I will pass that on.

I'm based in Scotland so it's morning here for me.

Thanks,

Luke