QML ArcGIS.Extras within AppStudio

Jump to solution
06-14-2017 09:48 AM
MarkPearson1
New Contributor II

I've managed to make a nice QML crossplatform app (Windows, Android) that uses a disconnected (runtime) local geodatabase.  Now I need to add some Zip file extraction and the ability to test for a file's existence. 

It looks like there are some perfect functions for that in ArcGIS.Extras ...

I can't find any reference that says how to install the QML Extras, and when I put this:

import ArcGIS.Extras 1.0

into my code, I get an error: QML Module not Found (ArcGIS.Extras).

Is there some trick to getting the Extras to work with AppStudio?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Please use the following import statement for AppStudio. All the components such as FileInfo, ZipFileInfo are under this library. No need to add "import ArcGIS.Extras 1.0"

import ArcGIS.AppFramework 1.0

Use the help within the QT creator for these components. There are some helpful code snippets on how to use these components with their properties and methods. Also the doc will specifically mention which import statement to use

Please post your AppStudio related issues here in future.

Thanks,

Nakul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Please use the following import statement for AppStudio. All the components such as FileInfo, ZipFileInfo are under this library. No need to add "import ArcGIS.Extras 1.0"

import ArcGIS.AppFramework 1.0

Use the help within the QT creator for these components. There are some helpful code snippets on how to use these components with their properties and methods. Also the doc will specifically mention which import statement to use

Please post your AppStudio related issues here in future.

Thanks,

Nakul

0 Kudos
MarkPearson1
New Contributor II

Thanks Nakul - that does let me get to ZipFileInfo.

However, I'm trying to get to ZipArchive, so that I can uncompress a .zip file.

Any ideas on how to get to ZipArchive with version 10.2.6?

I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks Much,

-Mark

0 Kudos
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

ZipReader component in AppStudio's AppFramework plugin can be used to uncompress a zip file.

Please refer to ZIP archives—AppStudio for ArcGIS (Desktop Edition) | ArcGIS and ZipReader QML Type | AppFramework 1.0 for details on how to use ZipReader.

cc: Nakul Manocha

Thanks

Shobana

0 Kudos