Popup labels not coming through

Jump to solution
11-22-2021 11:26 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am creating a map using an existing web map that has popups configured. I followed the popup tutorial (https://developers.arcgis.com/qt/qml/sample-code/show-popup/) to get a basic popup to show for one of my layers. However, the alias(labels) does not come through and it shows the field names instead. I have gone through and made sure that the data source has the alias set and the service end point has the alias as well. I have checked my web map and they are correct there and the popup displays as it should there. I tried the new map viewer and the old and it gives the same result. I have console.log() each step to make sure that the label field wasn't getting reset and that looks good from getting the popup from the identity result to adding the popup to the popupManager to attaching the popupManager to the PopupStackView. I know the popup is looking at my web map because when I change the title or add an arcade expression, that gets reflected in the popup. In the screenshot, the field TRACTNO should be 'Park Name'.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

At the time of writing, PopupView uses the field name (and not the label) for display.

On review, using the label seems like a good suggestion, so I've gone ahead and patched the PopupView for the upcoming 100.13.0 release of runtime so that the label is preferred. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

At the time of writing, PopupView uses the field name (and not the label) for display.

On review, using the label seems like a good suggestion, so I've gone ahead and patched the PopupView for the upcoming 100.13.0 release of runtime so that the label is preferred. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds good! An alternative until this fix suggestion takes affect is to create a simple arcade expression that just looks at the field you want in the popup. The title of the arcade expression becomes the label in the popup thus getting around the field name.

0 Kudos