open/display offline data files

02-01-2017 02:31 AM
S_AmirMohammadHassanli
New Contributor

Greetings everybody,

I just start working with ArcGIS SDK V100.000 for Qt , and I'm a little bit confused now.

To be clear and avoid any confusion, Here is what i want to do:

I want to be able to display offline data(Vectors Mostly, like shape files), and manage their properties,and be able to change their "attribute table".

for example i want to display list of polygons that are stored in a geodatabase(.gdb) or in a .shp and change color of each polygon based on one of Attribute table's column(i should be able to update that column from a .cvs file)

How can i do it?

BTW, if you have any resource and documents that i can use to understand abilities of ArcGIS SDK and how to build programs using it, please share it 🙂 Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Regarding displaying offline data, we currently do not support directly reading shapefiles- this will be coming in an upcoming release, but it is not there yet. Also, we do not support directly reading File Geodatabases. Rather, you have a few options:

- Use the Create Runtime Content tool in ArcMap to create a runtime enabled geodatabase. ex: Feature layer (geodatabase)—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

- Publish a feature service with the "create replica" endpoint enabled, and using the GeodatabaseSyncTask to pull the feature service offline - ex: Generate geodatabase—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

- Create a Mobile Map Package in ArcGIS Pro, and consume that in your app - ex: Open mobile map (map package)—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

As for changing the color of each polygon depending on the attribute, it sounds like you need a UniqueValueRenderer applied to your layer. ex: UniqueValueRenderer—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos