Migrating an Application from 10.2.6 to 100.0

Jump to solution
01-09-2017 12:05 PM
LeeSorrell1
New Contributor

Is there any guide or readme file on what changes are needed to successfully move a program from 10.2.6 to 100.0? There seems to have been a bunch of name changes that need to be converted, such as "position display" seems to now be under "Location Display". Is there anywhere that lays all of these changes out or is it just expected that all apps need to be rebuilt from scratch in the new release?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Lee-

The release notes explain the high level changes and additions - Release notes for 100.0—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers. Please note that this release is an entirely new generation of the SDK, similar to how the JavaScript API recently released the 4.0 release. With this, there are many fundamental changes that go beyond different names of classes. The release notes cover the high level changes between the 10.2.x generation and 100 generation.

- Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Lee-

The release notes explain the high level changes and additions - Release notes for 100.0—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers. Please note that this release is an entirely new generation of the SDK, similar to how the JavaScript API recently released the 4.0 release. With this, there are many fundamental changes that go beyond different names of classes. The release notes cover the high level changes between the 10.2.x generation and 100 generation.

- Luke

0 Kudos
RainerFarsch
New Contributor III

Lucas or Eric,

I'll soon be going through the migration process of re-hosting software from v10.2.6 to v100 to take advantage of its new features. In doing so I have a couple of questions:

1. Can v100 be installed side-by-side with v10.2.6 on the same machine (Linux)?
  2. I'm considering upgrading to Qt 5.9 LTS. Will v100 work with the recently released Qt 5.9 LTS?
  3. Eric mentioned that a new 'migration' topic would available sometime at the end of January. Is this available, and if so, where would I find it?

Thanks!

-Rainer

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Rainer,

1. Yes, you can use the versions side by side
  2.  In 2 weeks, we'll have released 100.1.0, which is for sure compatible with 5.9
  3. ArcGIS Runtime: Migrating from ArcGIS Engine - YouTube  This is probably more relevant than the topic I was referring to: Migrate to 100.0.0—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

Eric

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Lee,

Just to add to Lucas' response, we are currently working on some additional guide topics to be included in the online Help that will zero in on where and how to change your code. Of course, it will still be somewhat high-level and not exhaustive, but it should give more practical advice than we currently have. To underscore what Lucas said, this really is a new, redesigned API.

Look for a new 'migration' topic sometime at the end of January.