Local Geodatabase editing with existing geodatabase

04-14-2016 06:10 AM
tanerkoka1
Occasional Contributor

Hi ,

I have current geodabase file (.geodatabese) which has point , poligon and polyline feature classes in it .I have also same feature servis from that geodatabase .When I clicking in generate button I want to download and edit only point features within in map extend and sync back to the service not  polygons and polyline features in my local geodatabase.I want to use these local polylines and polygons features for different functions in local (ex: realition , intersect, etc. ),but when I clicking in generate button downloads only that that map extent area and deletes all my local geodatabase and generate new . Is it possible to use my local geodatabase's poligon and polyine features without delete all when downloads only point features  in Qml Api .Is generate local geodatabase qml apı have update our own local geodatabses ability or not (when  generate local geodatabase generates always new geodatabase ) ?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yes, you should be able to do this no problem. If I were you, I would take a look at the code that is executed when you click your generate button. If you have offline layers already in the map, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to just create a replica geodatabase for the one layer that you want to edit. I would keep one geodatabase for all of the reference data that you need, and another for the one where you will be doing edits.

0 Kudos
tanerkoka1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Lucas,

Sory but I want to ask qustion again more clearly because important question is for us.Here is again question below:

Can user in online state download only within map extent points features and editing them and then sync back to the service with using and update our ready own local geodatabase file (which has poligon and polyline feature classes because we want to use these local polylines and polygons features for different functions in local ex: controling realition , controling intersect, etc. not delete all geodatabase create new one) ?

Thanks

0 Kudos