Loading shapefile in QML

Jump to solution
06-12-2017 02:58 AM
AkanéLevy
New Contributor

Hi,

How can I load in QML a shapefile stored in local folder? From the documentation, I understand that I have to use a FeatureLayer (Feature Layer from Shapefile | ArcGIS for Developers ) but the example is for .NET and I could not find an example for QML ... 

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, shapefile support is coming in Update 2, end of 2017.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
EricBader

Hello Akané,

At the current release, directly reading a shapefile from a folder isn't supported in QML. We are going to provide this capability in a future release, however, as this is a capability that's crucial for many users like yourself. We'd be very interested in knowing what your primary needs are with respect to working with shapefiles in Runtime apps. Your information will help us to stay on the mark in delivering useful APIs for this.

Thank you!

Eric

0 Kudos
AkanéLevy
New Contributor

Hello,

The reason why I thought of using local shapefiles was that I needed my Runtime app to work offline.

I understand that the release 100.0 does not support this, but is it the same for 10.2.6 ? 

So, if I want to run my QML app offline I need: tile package, or mobile map package, or geodatabase, is that correct ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
EricBader

Yes, that is correct. Today. With 100.1. However, we are adding shapefile support in Update 2, near the end of this year.

0 Kudos
PeterZanetti
New Contributor II

Hi,
we have the same necessity . As shapefiles are widely-used for geodata-interexchange it would be very useful if AGS for Qt would support them.

EricBader

Yes, shapefile support is coming in Update 2, end of 2017.

0 Kudos
Edip_AhmetTa_k_n
New Contributor II

Hi. Could Esri community publish importing shapefiles as an opensource extension to Qt5/QML without Esri runtime? I think some developers  might only need to import shapefiles to their QML project without using other GIS features.

Thanks.

LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you referring to the QtLocation plugin? I think this could maybe be a generic shapefile implementation not tied to any specific provider (Esri, Here, Mapbox, etc)

0 Kudos
Edip_AhmetTa_k_n
New Contributor II

In my opinion It may be possible to make QML's Canvas like a map viewer with a plugin. Using the plugin, QML's 2D Canvas should import and view KML, SHP and GeoJSON files like SVG files with Proj4JS library. (I tested Proj4JS library with QML, it works. ) I would like to import and view GIS data using map canvas with QML on mobile devices. I do not prefer to include specific map providers. Hopefully this plugin will exist

0 Kudos