How can Qt viewer be opened from ArcGIS?

03-26-2016 12:09 AM
VikasRanga
New Contributor

I have a standalone Qt viewer. I want to open Qt viewer from ArcGIS when user clicks on any point in a point shapefile and Qt viewer shows the data from attribute table of that shapefile.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you please elaborate what you mean by a Qt viewer? When you say you want to open the viewer from ArcGIS, do you mean ArcMap?

0 Kudos
VikasRanga
New Contributor

Dear Lucas,

Thanks for reply.

Qt viewer means a standalone application developed using Qt​ to view some information. Yes, I mean ArcMap.

I want to make a connection of this Qt application with a point shapefile opened in ArcMap. When I click on any point from that shapefile in ArcMap then Qt application should be opened and extract the attribute information of that particular point.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

It seems like it would be possible, I suppose. You would likely need to make some ArcObjects add-in for ArcMap so that when you clicked on a point, it called some batch file (or something else), passed in some attributes to it, and then that batch file pulled up your Qt app with whatever info you needed. There are probably lots of ways to go about this, but I don't have an example for you, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
VikasRanga
New Contributor

Dear Lucas,

Thank you very much for the reply.

We will try it.

0 Kudos