ArcGIS Runtime SDK for QT

Jump to solution
08-13-2014 12:14 AM
ElainaKoh
New Contributor

Hi,

Is there anyone out there that can help? I am using the arcgis runtime sdk for qt. Is there a way to create and calculate a service area using the network analyst offline?

Thanks.

Elaina

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Elaina,

The offline network datasets created through ArcGIS for Desktop (i.e. Runtime Content) support offline routing only at this time. To create service areas with the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt, you would need to either use an online NA service (see the sample in our sample app), or if you need to work offline, you could also create a geoprocessing package and use the local server to execute the task. You can see here that the Generate Service Area tool is supported with the local server.

-Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Elaina,

The offline network datasets created through ArcGIS for Desktop (i.e. Runtime Content) support offline routing only at this time. To create service areas with the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt, you would need to either use an online NA service (see the sample in our sample app), or if you need to work offline, you could also create a geoprocessing package and use the local server to execute the task. You can see here that the Generate Service Area tool is supported with the local server.

-Luke

0 Kudos