Visual Differences from 100.7 to 100.8

06-28-2020 02:54 PM
MattRickard
New Contributor II

When we upgraded from 100.7 to 100.8, we immediately noticed a degradation in visual quality.

See the two examples below.  Notice the edges of the black hexagon.

We see this on multiple symbols/types.

I've attached a minimal mmpk, in case that helps.

Is there anything we can do about this, or will this be fixed soon?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The visual difference is caused by a change in v100.8 where we now use the Dynamic RenderingMode for Feature Layers with point geometry when the Map has a ReferenceScale set. Thanks for reporting the issue above - we're investigating and hope to be able to resolve this case in an upcoming release.

To restore the original behavior you can set FeatureLayers to use the **Static** RenderingMode either by setting the FeatureLayer.RenderingMode Property on a per-layer basis or by setting the Map.LoadSettings Property / LoadSettings.PreferredPointFeatureRenderingMode Property. In both cases the property should be set to FeatureRenderingMode Enumeration value Static.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
MattRickard
New Contributor II

Thanks Mike.

This workaround fixed the problem for now.

A few notes:

• I had to set the RenderingMode to "Static", not Dynamic
  • I couldn't get it to work for all layers by setting it on the map.
    • Map.LoadSettings.PreferredPointFeatureRenderingMode
  • I had to set it on each individual FeatureLayer.
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Apologies for the misdirection, I replied while in the midst of an in-depth discussion about Dynamic and Static. I've updated my comment above (Static being the all important mode in this case).

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

This was fixed in v100.9 (August 2020). The current release is 100.10 (January 2021).

0 Kudos