View all raster map tile without using mosaic

03-12-2019 12:52 AM
MohamadFathin
New Contributor II

Hi

I in process of trying ArcGIS product. I try to view all the 196 tile of raster map in geotiff format. I search on internet but i can't seem to find a way to make me display the map tile. Almost all of them need to convert to mosaic using ArcGIS desktop. My program require is that user can insert map on the fly and display the map, without need to use ArcGIS desktop. I able to view about 48 map tile that will cause slightly slower performance on program but when try to display all the map it will make the program not responding. Is there solution that i can use without using ArcGIS desktop just using the SDK?

string path = @"C:\Users\User\Downloads\countries_shp\countries.shp";

List myRasterlist = new List();

private async void Initialize()
{

MyMapView.Map = new Map(new SpatialReference(4326));

MyMapView.GraphicsOverlays.Add(new GraphicsOverlay());

foreach (string filepath in Directory.EnumerateFiles(@"C:\Users\User\Desktop\User Stuff\Map Data\RASTER", "*.tif")) { myRasterlist.Add(new Raster(filepath)); }

List myRasterlayerlist = new List();

myRasterlist.ForEach(x => { myRasterlayerlist.Add(new RasterLayer(x)); });

ShapefileFeatureTable myShapefile = await ShapefileFeatureTable.OpenAsync(path);

FeatureLayer newFeatureLayer = new FeatureLayer(myShapefile);

MyMapView.Map.OperationalLayers.Add(newFeatureLayer);

myRasterlayerlist.ForEach(x => { MyMapView.Map.OperationalLayers.Add(x); });

await MyMapView.Map.LoadAsync();

MyMapView.SetViewpoint(new Viewpoint(4.475785,101.925272,3000000));

}

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

You can create mosaic datasets on the fly in runtime:

https://developers.arcgis.com/net/latest/wpf/api-reference/html/T_Esri_ArcGISRuntime_Rasters_MosaicD... 

Also make sure you GeoTiff have overlays generated for optimal performance.

0 Kudos
MohamadFathin
New Contributor II

Hi Morten Nielsen

Thank you for a reply. Is there any example from ArcGIS that i can use for reference? 

From this Add raster data—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers it show to get the mosaic dataset from server. Can I create the mosaic dataset locally  on the fly in runtime?

0 Kudos